Potty Training

Not sure where to go from here

OK so my DD started wanting to potty when she was 16 months. We didn't put any pressure on her and just let her try when she asked.

By about 18 months we started offering for her to go more often and she figured out how to go pretty well.

We switched to panties at about 20 months and took "potty breaks on a fairly consistent schedule. She did really well. Then she stopped wanting to go and started protesting the potty breaks.

We began rewards for pottying and she started doing well again. When we are less consistent with taking her though she always has accidents. I have been more busy lately and she has been having alot more accidents.

I am just not sure if she is ready and knows when she has to go yet. I don't want to go backwards and put he back in diapers full time, but the accidents are wearing me out. Where should I go from here?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Not sure where to go from here

• The same thing is happening to me (same timing and everything)!

I decided I am going to get serious about PT - I would love for DS to be PT when baby #2 arrives in March/April.  I just started researching. I am going to use a potty training chart with stickers (m&ms aren't working anymore), really focus on PT for 3 days straight and try to reteach everything while keeping a positive attitude ;-)

That is not much advice, but that is what I am going to try.  Maybe someone else will give us some tips.

DS 3.7.09
    mm/c 5.3.10 at 10 weeks
    DD 4.1.11
    mm/c 9.25.12 at 11 weeks
    c/p 3.20.13
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"