February 2011 Moms
Options

NBR-Need help with husband gift ideas

My husband's birthday is coming up and I'm trying to think of some cute dad gift but nothing too cheesy. He is a gift snob :) so won't enjoy something like "daddy's all star" or whatever. Any suggestions? Is it too soon to get him a cute thing on the baby's behalf? Have any of you done something similar? I'd love ideas. Thanks in advance.

Re: NBR-Need help with husband gift ideas

• Options
    My DH is very into protecting his car seats so I got him a car seat saver and he's an EMT so I got him a bunch of "health" related things like the thermometer etc from the baby
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got my husband a DVD he wanted, some pj pants he had been asking for, and a onesie that says "I love my daddy".  Basically what I normally get him plus the onesie.  And I signed the card from me and baby- he thought it was cute.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, look at the kind of work he does. Could he use an iPhone sleeve/protector? A new backpack or messenger bag for work, or briefcase? How about a newsboy cap? Or you could do a matching shirt with daddy and baby for pictures. Gymboree.com has a section called Family Portraits or something similar where you can buy a tiny baby outfit and the matching shirt or whatever. If my DH wasn't such a tall man he could wear one of those shirts. I got matching shirts for DH and DS last year for his birthday, his said "I am the Stig" and DS's said "My dad is the Stig". (DH is into Top Gear, the original British version.) He loved his shirt but totally MELTED when he saw Aidan had a matching shirt!!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hi H2bM - what about getting your husband something that he'll have time to enjoy now, but probably won't when the baby is born? I just got my husband Rock Band 3 -- he's been dying for it, and I figure we can have a good run with it for a couple of months before luxuries like PS3 time become a thing of the past. Then your note could read, "I hope you enjoy this daddy! Because pretty soon, I'll be the only thing rocking your world" or some such like that. Good luck!
    Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Fruit Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options

imageMrs.Jocelyn2007:
    Hi H2bM - what about getting your husband something that he'll have time to enjoy now, but probably won't when the baby is born? I just got my husband Rock Band 3 -- he's been dying for it, and I figure we can have a good run with it for a couple of months before luxuries like PS3 time become a thing of the past. Then your note could read, "I hope you enjoy this daddy! Because pretty soon, I'll be the only thing rocking your world" or some such like that. Good luck!

Thanks everyone, very cute ideas. I ended up finding out that Narnia in 3D will be out soon, so that's part of the gift. DH LOVES Narnia. I'm working on the rest. The RB3 idea sounds right up his alley! I got him RB2 and an XBOX for his 30th so this would be a fun "conclusion." I love your cute note too. Thanks everyone for the cute ideas, I'll be finalizing soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"