Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Wedding **WWYDoOver**

2»

Re: Wedding **WWYDoOver**

• Options

2 things-

I would have asked only family to be in my wedding party - 7 BMs was too much for me!

Also- at our venue they offered to do pictures quickly so DH and I could visit with people at cocktail hour. It was a disaster! I couldn't find DH or my close friends and fam, I ended up talking to a friend of his family that I had never met for the first 20 minutes of my reception. I would have taken that time to be alone with DH and take in the views and talk about our ceremony. Bummer... but now at least I can give my sister advice when her big day comes! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic February Siggy Challenge Marblehead, Ma - The beginning of the rest of my life! image The Rumbling Tummy
  • Options
    Hired a different photographer - we have no photos of us with my parents = FAIL that my mom will not let me forget (as if I'm not upset about it either).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. I would not have invited my MIL, she pretty much ruined my wedding for me (long story) 

2. Skipped the large wedding/reception and just have done a destination wedding with close family and friends.  

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as a lot of you, I would've hired a different photographer. We got some really nice shots, but not enough of just DH and I, and she didn't even get one of my sister walking down the aisle as my bridesmaid. :-(   And the album she was supposed to give me was crap, I ended up having a photographer friend do it for me and paying again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I loved our wedding, it was a beautiful day, and we had a great time. It was far from perfect (our photographer was amazing but didn't get any pics of DH and I looking straight AT the camera!, our day of coordinator turned out to be a totally controlling b!tch and we were less than happy with the way she ran things that day, our cake was supplemented by sheet cake and the caterers actually cut it in front of the guests, we had a VERY short mini-moon not far from home... oh well!)

That all being said... looking back, hindsight is 20/20 and I totally would have done things differently!

My parents contributed about 80% of our wedding budget, and we filled in the rest. I would have taken that $$, planned a small destination wedding, had a kick-@ss honeymoon, and used the rest of the $$ my parents gave us for a down payment on a house.

I feel guilty spending that much $$ on one day.... when I think back I realize that could have easily been the foundation for our family home and it really upsets me Sad

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would have redone almost the whole thing!  Invited maybe only 25 people instead of 250 people.  Had it outside instead of in a church.  Used fresh flowers instead of fake.  No bridal party.  Had a garden party lunch instead of typical reception.  etc etc.  
  • Options

I would have hired a different wedding photographer. The pics weren't awful, I just felt that he missed some important stuff and I know that we could have found someone to do a better job.

ETA-spelling

• Options
    Two things - I would have not asked a mutual friend of ours to be a bridesmaid.  After a few things she did during that time, we barely even speak anymore.  And I'd also pick out different bridesmaid dresses - I listened way to much to each girl and tried to fit their needs.  I ended up hating the dress!  Besides that I wouldn't change a thing!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options

I would have had my grandfather walk me down the aisle instead of my Father.  

I had my Father walk me more out of obligation, but I was (he passed away this year) much closer to my Grandfather. 

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:
    I would have hired a real wedding photographer instead of using our friend who does model shoots. There are a lot of moments missing. It's taken me a long time to be even just "okay" with our pics.

This! And I would have had more fun instead of talking to everyone!! 

• Options
    imagelcking82:

Oh, dear goodness....

I had major "prom hair" which is so not my style.  It just happened, and then I didn't feel like making a big deal over it.  SOoooo on do-over, I would have a sleek smooth  updo, instead of curli-Q senior prom hair.  Ugh.

And while my photographer was super nice (and affordable), our pics are very posed and formal. Now that I look at other peoples fun, spontaneous pics, I wish we had either made it clear that I preferred the candid style or gotten a different photog.   

This! My pictures are nice, but they could have been a lot better!

I would have asked my sister to be my maid of honor instead of my BFF. We had gotten very distant and I felt bad not picking her. She also made my bachelorette party all about her and what she wanted to do, that I really didn't enjoy it.

i would have picked a better DJ. One that didn't lick his plate clean and wait f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get the dancing started after dinner.

• Options
    I would have worn a super full crinnie instead of a 3 hoop crinne. The hoops got in the way the WHOLE time. It was just really annoying.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I would've had a videographer. There were so many elements in our ceremony, like my oldest brother singing & my BIL arranged a song for bass trumpet & played it for the bridal party processional. My brother also played his guitar and sang for our first dance. I wish all of those moments had been captured... Sad
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Options

My MIL doesn't have any daughters so I thought it would be nice to get her involved in some of the planning. It turns out she is extremely controlling and one of those people that refuses to take "no" for an answer.

My mom felt completely pushed out of planning and that really hurt her feelings. Long story short, two days before the wedding my mom calls me and tells me that she may just "call in sick" on the day of because she's had nothing to do with it anyway and it doesn't matter if she's there.

So, if I had to do anything over again it would be to say "Screw you all. We're eloping."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"