1st Trimester
Options

Strange taste in my mouth

Has anyone experienced having a strange taste in your mouth? For me, I've noticed it for the past couple of weeks or so. It's just a very strange, almost sweet taste in my mouth. (Hard to explain) Kind of like if you eat way too many skittles and you have a gross after taste. That's how I feel constantly! It will not be noticeable as I'm eating something but once I'm done eating, the weird taste is back! It's enough to make me feel sick! Does anyone else experience this??
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Strange taste in my mouth

• Options
    I had a metallic taste in my mouth from about week 4 to 6.  It was gross! 
  • Options
    I'm with ya on the sweet aftertaste that doesn't go away!!!  I feel like I need to brush my teeth all the time!!!!
    sig-1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a metallic taste for a couple of days.
  • Options

My taste has been awful.

It's like my mouth constantly feels dirty, even seconds after brushing and using Listerine. It's terrible.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options
    Right there with you! Can't put my finger on what the taste is, but it doesn't make me feel better lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    yes!  I've been dealing with it for weeks...it's disgusting
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had the metallic taste too... and I don't know if it's triggered by certain foods.  It just seems to appear.  Gross. 
  • Options
    Yes and it is so gross, esp when I do eat something sweet. And it sucks because brushing my tongue make me gag!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lemonade seems to help me with the metallic taste when I get it.
  • Options

imagedbertagni:
    Yes and it is so gross, esp when I do eat something sweet. And it sucks because brushing my tongue make me gag!!

Brushing my teeth is a chore now, I gag every single time. In fact, the ONLY time I have thrown up through out my pregnancy was while I was brushing me teeth!!

And yah maybe it is more of a metallic instead of a sweet taste?? I don't know, it's very hard to explain but VERY annoying!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"