Cincinnati Babies
Options

Hayley

How is your mom? I've been wondering about you.
image Ready to rumble.

Re: Hayley

• Options

Thanks for asking Kristen.

She looked better than I expected. However, it seems as soon as she takes a step forward, she takes 5 steps back. She developed a side effect to the IV antibiotic, so they switched her therapy. The new medication makes her extremely nausea, its a once a day IV infusion that takes 90minutes to infuse. So she is sick pretty much the entire time even with the zofran 30minutes before hand. I called her yesterday, only to find out she now has a blood clot in her operative leg, so they are now dealing with that.

Emotional she is drained and pretty down, as you could imagine after 1 month and 4 days in the hospital. We were both a crying mess when we had to say bye and head back home. I am very thankful I was able to spend those few days with her and I feel like it was very productive. I was able to meet with her PT/OT and purchase things she will need for her home once she is discharged. We also talked about her moving back home (!!!!) as soon as she can. Her next surgery is scheduled for the end of december, so the MD thinks she can travel the end of Jan if all goes as planned. I graduate Dec 18th, and plan to fly down for a few weeks after that.

DH went down with me, he was incredibly supportive for both of us. He also talked to me about moving my mom home, and thinks she should move in with us. We were already planning on buying a new house this coming year, and he mentioned finding a place with a "mother-in-law" suite. Of course, my Mom doesnt want to be a "burden" (her words), so were thinking of a senior condo complex near us for the time being. I really feel blessed to have such an amazing husband.

Again, thanks for asking!

• Options
    Gosh Hayley, what a tough time for all of you. It's so great you were able to be there for her, even if it was just for a bit. I'm sure it meant so much to her. It's clear how much you love her! I wish her a speedy recovery and a quick journey back here. Keep us posted.
    image Ready to rumble.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"