Toddlers: 24 Months+

He asked to go potty!!

So we have been going about potty training very casually since DS is still real young, but has shown some signs of being ready.  I bought a potty seat about 3 months ago and he was really excited about it at first and quickly figured out how to pee when he went on it.  But after about 2 weeks he lost his enthusiasm and any tim we asked if he wanted to go potty, he gave an adamant "NO!".  I didnt want to push it so we just didnt even talk about it.  Every once in a while I would ask him and he continued to say no.  We really havnt even brought it up in a few weeks, then all of the sudden this morning when I was flushing the poop out of his clothe diaper, he pointed to his potty seat and said "pee".  I was shocked.  I asked him if he wanted to pee on the potty and he was all excited.  I put him on, and he went.  Maybe this means nothing but after weeks of zero interest, I am excited to see him give it a go again.  Not to mention that he is behind in his vocab and has never referenced "pee" before.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: He asked to go potty!!

• Yeah for the small things on a tired day, right?? Each step is a step in the right direction!
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How exciting! That's wonderful news. : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My TJ has also making progress and it's so exciting.  He was super interested in May/June about sitting on the potty so this summer when I was off work I thought I'd make some gains.  Of course that's when he decided to be adament that he was not going to go on the potty any more so we stopped trying.  Just two weeks ago he started to get excited about it and now goes if we take him.  He's not asking to go yet but I figure that'll be coming soon.  Only trouble is he insists on standing to pee and his aim is awful!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"