Two Under 2
Options

If you had a c-section w/ your first...

did you notice that your incission area felt odd as your second pregnancy progressed? (I'm taking like a tight feeling, a little itchy...) Did the feeling subside? Thanks :)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you had a c-section w/ your first...

• Options
    I have not experienced it but I think others have.
  • Options

Yes.

I asked the OB about it because I was afraid something was wrong. 

The explanation I got was that you have to picture your uterus and how it heals from a c-section.  Not only is there scar tissue on the uterine incision but also the muscle, fat and skin in the layers above.  Often that scar tissue will attach those tissues to each other.  She told me to picture it like spider webbing all around that area and thru all of the tissue layers.

As the uterus grows it must move and all the tethering scar tissue must be ripped apart.

The more fair skinned you are the more scar tissue you likely have to break up as things grow.  (this coming from a red head who's so pale she's only 1 step darker than an albino)

Either it became less noticeable as things progressed or I just became used to it.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My area is still numb, and always has been. Sometimes it's itchy, but that's it. I had 3 c-sections in 3 years.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I'm not noticing the tightening but it is itchier than usual. 
  • Options
    Yes, but it seems to be better lately.  Mainly itching rather than anything else.  I'm also very pale like someone else mentioned, so not sure if that's a factor.  It seemed the worst from about 18-20 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"