Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

XP: Registering question

I'm seriously on information overload, but I'm running out of time, so, I'll just ask you folks:

What items do I need to have researched and picked before registering at BRU?  I'm assuming that some things I can just pick in the store....

Thanks!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16

Re: XP: Registering question

• Options
    it totally depends on what you want to get or what you already have.  I'd say anything "big ticket" which to me is anything over $100 should have at least a little research behind it.  but you might also do some research on things like bottles, diaper pails, and thermometers/health care items before you get your hands on a scanner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do you have the book Baby Bargains? This was so helpful in researching all the important items for me. I highly recommend it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did a lot of research on car seats, strollers, cribs, bottles.... a lot of things I just picked when I was there. I also hadn't thought of a couple things before hand so just picked anything, did research on it when I got home and then updated any changes online. Also, I took my older sister with me that just had a baby a year ago so she was able to give me A LOT of valuable advice. Good luck! Putting together the baby registry was a process!!
  • Options

We (well, I) did a lot of research on car seats, strollers, pack n plays and high chairs. I talked to friends about what breast pump they recommended (everyone overwhelmingly suggested the Medela Double Electric).

I didn't register for any clothes (thank goodness!) because we got so many at our shower. I also took a friend with me (who was a new mom) to help me register instead of DH because she had some really good insight on what was good, what wasn't, etc. 

And I suggest getting Baby Bargains too!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    I also encourage you to Bring "Baby Bargains" when you go.  If you feel info overload, I would also encourage you to register for only a few items per day every day for a week.  You at least will have the chance to refresh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all!  My sis did give me the Baby Bargains, so at least I'm set there.  I'd never thought of taking it to the store with me!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"