Natural Birth
Options

Birth Dreams!

Anyone have any positive birth dreams to share? When I'm pregnant I seem to have no shortage of odd dreams (breastfeeding kittens, scary rape nightmares, weird crap) but last night I had the MOST amazing NB dream! 

Apparently I gave birth two months early (which is not the great part) but had a very healthy 9 lb. 11 oz. baby boy! He was beautiful and quiet and my labor was SOOOOO much easier than with DS! DS2 was born in the same room as his big brother, in the birthing center. I had no tears, no complications and he breastfed immedietly and then had a nap. I was up and about and kept saying, "I feel so great!". I was a little sore and tired but I had such a rush, almost a high from all the endorphins and excitement. I said to my friend, "If I knew I could have a birth like this for more, I'd have six more kids!".

I am looking at it as a sign from God and the universe that things are going to be more positive for us this time around....at least that's what I'm telling myself!

Anyone else?

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
~DD Born! 2013~
~DD due! 2015~

Re: Birth Dreams!

• Options

I hear you on the odd dreams... I wake up like "Huh??"

I haven't had any birth dreams but I've had a few about breastfeeding, which is what I really worry about. The dreams haven't even been about breastfeeding specifically, but they've been about something else and I just happen to be BFing with no problem.

Hopefully our dreams are good predictions of the future =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was really nervous about breastfeeding too- because I knew it "didn't come naturally" to a lot of women and I wanted to so badly. After 3 months of troubles, we got the hang of it and just weaned at 13 months- if you need any help with it when the time comes, let me know :)
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had mixtures.

My first birth dream was just having contractions (not bad ones, but very productive ones).  Very nice dream for me, as I never went into labor with DS (even with pit, didn't get to a point w/ productive contractions).

Then I had a dream that LO was born at 26 weeks.  That one was less than fun, and has actually had me slightly freaked out about an early birth!  I'm happy 26 wks has come and gone, though!

Then last night, I had a good labor dream.  Sadly, I can't remember it now, but I know I woke up at peace and happy and it was centered around the birth.  I wish I remembered details!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love having easy birth dreams.  One dream in particular I will never forget (but I'm pretty sure this was when I was pg with DS)... I was just laying there peacefully laboring and then out comes baby!  lol  It was sooo easy and painless.  Not sure why I remember it so well because there wasn't much to it. 

My most recent birth dream that I can remember pretty well is that I gave birth and DH said it was a boy and I remember feeling a little disappointed because I kind of wanted a girl (not really how I feel... unless this is a reflection of my true underlying feelings, lol) but then DH was like, "Wait... I can't tell... IS it a boy?"  And so we were trying to figure out if we had a boy or a girl, lol.  That was pretty weird. 

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

When I was pregnant with DS, we didn't find out what we were having but I had a VERY strong feeling right from the beginning that we were having a boy. Anyway, throughout the whole pregnancy I dreamt I was having a girl. It was weird b/c I just knew the dreams were wrong, but that's how they always were. 

And when I was almost due with DD, I had the strangest dream moment. The whole thing was that I woke up in bed, in my bedroom, everything was perfectly normal, but there was a herd of cows standing in my doorway just staring at me. And I swear, it was the most vivid dream I've ever had! I woke up and thought it was too vivid for it to not mean anything. So I googled dream meanings and read on one of the sites that cows can be signs of fertility and birth. It was weird. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have been more weird than anything...Last night I had a dream they kicked me out the hospital and gave birth in the van in the circle drive outside of triage.  H was so outraged that he peed on their door.  Another was I gave birth at home because it was so quick.  My H was freaking out so my mother slapped him.  Just weird and somewhat funny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"