Indiana Babies

bpics

...so I think I might do this as a gift before Michael deploys.

I was wondering if you had any recommendation for boudoir photographers in the Indy/Cincy/Dayton area (I will travel). I would love to do it for $400 or less... not sure if I'm dreaming here.

IN bump photographers - I hope this doesn't offend, but I feel I would be more comfortable with a total stranger. Does that make sense?

[fwiw, Bobbi+Mike are too expensive ($1200, what?)]

Thank you!

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: bpics

• I agree that it would be awkward to have someone you know do it!

And that B&M are really expensive. 

But, unfortunately, I have no clue who you could hire. Doh!  Sorry!

• You totally should! I had mine done by Bobbi, but the price was waaaay less the $1200! Ouch!
  • Loading the player...
  • what about the photog that did Jac's mat pics? She did an amazing job.  I'm really not sure that she's <$400 or that she does b-pics :/
  • I know Erin Hession does them, but I have no idea what her prices are.

www.erinhessionphotography.com

• I soooo agree that it'd be awkward. Plus, I've never taken bpics before and am not really looking to venture into that dept even though they often turn out beautiful when other photogs do them!

imagelemen99:
    what about the photog that did Jac's mat pics? She did an amazing job. I'm really not sure that she's
    She is actually teaming up with another area photog sometime this Winter or Spring to do a bpic marathon! I don't have the details but perhaps if you email her she could give you info on pricing. I don't know if they are doing discounted sessions or anything like that. She is pretty $$$ but I'm sure she'd be less than B&M. I hope. $1200 is nutso!! I don't have her email but google "whitney ulm eminence photography columbus ind" and her info should pop right up. Haha - I'm so not helpful. Sorry!
  • I used Erin Hession and I liked her enough to recommend her.  The pics turned out great and she made me feel very comfortable.
  • Can I just say that:

B&M = $1200 

is freaking INSANE?

I asked her about them back in 2006 and she was charging $250, but then a couple months later, she upped it to $500 + travel (so I backed out).

I also remember when they were like $2000 for wedding pictures - checked out THOSE prices recently? Surprise

I mean, I think they're incredible photographers and I'm glad that they've been able to grow their business and can demand such prices, but, really? $1200 for bpics? OMG!!!!

AND... some of her posts on FB/Twitter? Really and truly, there's such thing as being good and modest and then there's conceited (e.g. thinking every photographer in the world is ripping you off, scoffing at people who ask if she can recommend a more budget-friendly photographer, etc). It's a fine line.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure if she does them, but you could check out Shelley Valentine. She did my sister's engagement and wedding pics and we really liked her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBrendaK:

Can I just say that:

B&M = $1200 

is freaking INSANE?

I asked her about them back in 2006 and she was charging $250, but then a couple months later, she upped it to $500 + travel (so I backed out).

I also remember when they were like $2000 for wedding pictures - checked out THOSE prices recently? Surprise

I mean, I think they're incredible photographers and I'm glad that they've been able to grow their business and can demand such prices, but, really? $1200 for bpics? OMG!!!!

AND... some of her posts on FB/Twitter? Really and truly, there's such thing as being good and modest and then there's conceited (e.g. thinking every photographer in the world is ripping you off, scoffing at people who ask if she can recommend a more budget-friendly photographer, etc). It's a fine line.

agreed, through and through. Bottom line, I'm kind of over them. 

• Thanks girls, you are so helpful! I will be doing research at home tonight ... I can risk being on the Bump at work, but definitely not checking out boudoir blogs ;) I'll let you know what I find.

• Sorry! I posted it on the wrong thing.. It won't let me delete it!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"