Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If you have a boy

2»

Re: If you have a boy

• Options
    imageAfterAll:

imagemadameladauphine:
    DH wants to get him a tool bench instead.  Which we aren't buying for awhile, maybe next year.  If he wants to play in the kitchen, we have a real one he can use.

I am just trying to picture him playing in your actual kitchen... the mental picture is not pretty, haha.

Lol he plays in there all the time.  I have a cupboard for him with a few plastic utensils and bowls.  I used to wear him in the Bjorn and mix baking stuff and commentate for him.  I also pretended I had a cooking show and would put him in his bouncy chair and commentate.  He loved it!  I will totally teach him to cook and bake when he's older!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAfterAll:

imagemadameladauphine:
    DH wants to get him a tool bench instead.  Which we aren't buying for awhile, maybe next year.  If he wants to play in the kitchen, we have a real one he can use.

I am just trying to picture him playing in your actual kitchen... the mental picture is not pretty, haha.

Lol he plays in there all the time.  I have a cupboard for him with a few plastic utensils and bowls.  I used to wear him in the Bjorn and mix baking stuff and commentate for him.  I also pretended I had a cooking show and would put him in his bouncy chair and commentate.  He loved it!  I will totally teach him to cook and bake when he's older!

Haha that is awesome.  Forget cooking, I am going to teach DS to clean...something my husband, unfortunately, never go the hang of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAfterAll:

imagemadameladauphine:

Yep, I do a lot of the same for ds.  He helps me cook and I let him smell the spices, taste the condiments, etc.  I hope he enjoys cooking one day.

Here's a pic of him in action.

• Options
    imageEchowysp:
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAfterAll:

imagemadameladauphine:

Yep, I do a lot of the same for ds.  He helps me cook and I let him smell the spices, taste the condiments, etc.  I hope he enjoys cooking one day.

That is adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We bought one for Cedric.  My DH cooks more than I do, so we see no problem with it.  Everyone needs to learn to cook something!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My mom has bough a kitchen for DS for christmas but DH is not happy about it.  DS loves the kitchen at daycare and it's pink at least my mom got him a blue and silver one.  DS is also going to get a work bench since he already plays with real wrenchs he can take out a bolt if you get it started he loves tools.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    imageEchowysp:

SQUEEEEE! Toddler, footie pajamas, kitchen...DEAD from the level of cuteness!

I, too, just let JTD play in the kitchen. We have an open wire rack on one side and the bottom two shelves are devoted to stuff safe for him to play with...an old loaf pan, tupperware, cereal containers, etc. Sometimes he comes and wants us to pick him up to see what we're doing. The kitchen really is the hub of our household, but then again, we are those people that do stuff like make marshmallows from scratch for Christmas gifts.

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Options

DS's day care has this already, so I wont be buying it. And there is no space for bigger toys. We already have so much at home. We have to let go of some of his toys before we can start buying bigger toys...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    He already has one and we're "upgrading" to a better one.  He loves it.  Why wouldn't I get one? 
  • Options
    imageEchowysp:
    imagemadameladauphine:
    imageAfterAll:

imagemadameladauphine:

That is too cute! I love the pjs too!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

This is an interesting question.  I only have a girl and there is a play kitchen in the attic for her when she gets interested.  But I actually saw a tool bench at the store the other day and ALMOST got it for her.  She already has two of the Little Tikes hammers and loves them.  I always liked tools better than kitchen stuff (I was the only girl in my dorm with a 96 piece socket wrench set).  DH does 95% of the cooking in the house (thank goodness - he's excellent at it).  I bake better, but he beats me at general cooking and grilling hands down.  He learned to cook as a student and used it to impress women since he couldn't afford dates to fancy restaurants.  For my birthday one year, he made a fantastic Bouillabasse from scratch.  Yum!  So I don't understand why a play kitchen is inappropriate for a boy.

• Options

He got this one- https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/red-retro-kitchen-collection/?pkey=rromplyrrk as a gift from my mom's friends from her gym when my mom passed away before his first holiday season.

My husband wouldn't care but I didn't ask him if my son could have it.  I didn't think about it at all. That's what they wanted to get him. I thought a kitchen would entertain him.  Hopefully he'll be able to cook for us someday since neither of us are very adept in the kitchen.

• Options

imagekit443:
    If my DH said "absolutely not" about something so lame as to whether our kid could have a particular toy I think I would just laugh in his face. Then I would buy it.

Yes 

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
    DH: 31, no issues
    4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
    7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
    8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH's response when I showed him the play kitchen I had picked out for J was "Oh cool, he's going to be just like daddy". He loves to cook and he thinks the play kitchen is a great idea.
  • Options
    We aren't but just b/c we got a work bench at a yard sale and it takes up enough space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We already have one. And it's purple. And it was free. And we are both perfectly happy and so is our little boy.
  • Options
    imageTSD:

He got this one- https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/red-retro-kitchen-collection/?pkey=rromplyrrk as a gift from my mom's friends from her gym when my mom passed away before his first holiday season.

This is so, so thoughtful. Your Mom had some good friends.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    We bought one for Cedric.  My DH cooks more than I do, so we see no problem with it.  Everyone needs to learn to cook something!
  • Options

I hadn't thought about it yet, since there are just so many cool toys out there, but yes, definitely would. And DH would be fine with it - in fact, DH does almost all the cooking in our house, and he likes when Henry watches and "helps" him out in the kitchen.

I read your blog and am a big fan of Jack - I have to say, though, I'll look at your husband a little differently now after reading this - it blows my mind that a man would think a play kitchen for a boy is somehow inappropriate. Because men don't cook? It's 2010, not 1950.

• Options

imageSailorGray:

This is so, so thoughtful. Your Mom had some good friends.

It really was.  My mom had a ton of friends.  And she wasn't sick, on the contrary- she was very strong/healthy- she literally just dropped dead one day last year after a routine medical procedure where she was fine the day after. Blood clot to the lung. My mom's friends were understandably devastated (as we were) and since my son was her only grandchild (probably forever) and the light of her life they wanted something special for him.  My mom was a real foodie and would have loved to share her love of food with E, so they thought a kitchen was a perfect gift.

• Options

I'm not getting one for B. If I could find one second hand then maybe but I am trying to not buy that many big plastic toys. Now if I could find one that wasn't plastic....

I kind of think he would be pissed with it. Like 'wait a minute....there is no blender in this cupboard. THIS IS A FAKE KITCHEN'

• Options

Mrs. N22 - your husband gets a giant eyeroll from me.

My daughter is getting a kitchen for Christmas, so it will be there when DS is old enough to play with it.  Even if we hadn't, or DS was older, he'd still get one.

• Options
    We aren't this year, but probably will eventually. We did get him a baby doll though. It's one of his favorite toys at daycare.
  • Options
    I'm not going to buy one but I let him play with them when he sees them at other kid's houses. He actually likes them!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Totally, Cakes to the Max!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"