Baby Names
Options

ISO: first names that go with Ellen

My Mom was Virginia Ellen, and passed away in 2007, so if I have another DD I want to use my Mom's middle name in my daughter's name. I have a sister, so I don't want to claim Ellen as a first name, in case my sister also has a daughter.  My husband's family has like 5 Marys in it so I don't want Mary Ellen.  I also had a great aunt who died in her sleep as an infant (they suspect now of SIDs) who was named Mary Ellen. 

My DD #1 is Kathleen Nicole.  Our last name starts with P.  I tend to favor tradtional names over trendy names (not a fan of Madison/Addison, etc).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

Re: ISO: first names that go with Ellen

• Options

Abigail Ellen
    Grace Ellen
    Julia Ellen
    Nora Ellen
    Olivia Ellen
    Rose Ellen
    Taylor Ellen
    Victoria Ellen
    Hannah Ellen
    Brooke Ellen
    Leah Ellen

(I had a grandmother named Virginia Ellen too!)

• Options

Anna Ellen

Ruby Ellen

Abigail Ellen

Rebekah Ellen

Elizabeth (Betsy) Ellen

Carolina Ellen

Geneva Ellen

Georgiana Ellen

Josephine Ellen

Judith Ellen

Kiersten Ellen

Laura Ellen

Lucy Ellen

Margaret Ellen

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:

My name is Ellen Margaret. I was named after my great grandmother Margaret Ellen.

I like that name, other than I had a dog named Maggie as a kid ;) though I like Maggie as a little girl's nn too.  Doubt my DH will like it.  He never seems to come up with names but is great at shooting them down.

He wants to do Ellen Marie (Marie is my mn) but I don't want to "hog" Ellen from my sister. 

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    imageforensicmama:

Anna Ellen

Ruby Ellen

Abigail Ellen

Rebekah Ellen

Elizabeth (Betsy) Ellen

Carolina Ellen

Geneva Ellen

Georgiana Ellen

Josephine Ellen

Judith Ellen

Kiersten Ellen

Laura Ellen

Lucy Ellen

Margaret Ellen

I love the name elizabeth, I wanted to have my DD1 be Elizabeth (Grandma was Elizabeth "Betty").  DH shot it down. 

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    imagemelhunny:

Sarah?

Maybe Ashley or Amanda?

I like sara ellen!

• Options
    would you think of using a different form of Ellen? I think Elin is really pretty (swedish).
  • Options

Elizabeth Ellen 

Julia Ellen

Louisa Ellen

Lucinda Ellen

Miranda Ellen

Sabrina Ellen

Sofia Ellen

Audrey Ellen

Amelia Ellen

Victoria Ellen

Eliza Ellen

Rebecca Ellen 

• Options
    My name is Suzanne Ellen and my DD#2's name is Carissa Ellen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What about using Eleanor or Helena?  They are different names than Ellen, but still incorporate the name.  Or try these:

Daphne Ellen
    Charlotte Ellen
    Victoria Ellen
    Samantha Ellen

My great-grandma was Ellen, and she was an awesome lady with a great name!

I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Options

Marjorie Ellen

Lilla Ellen

Laura Ellen

Samantha Ellen 

Honestly, though.  I would use Virginia as a first name, or as a mn.  I love the name Virginia. 

Virginia Rose 

Virginia Mae 

• Options

I have friend named Kay Ellen and a friend named her baby Bree Ellen.

They use both names. Like Ellen isnt the middle name but part of the first name. KWIM? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageerinms:

Marjorie Ellen

Lilla Ellen

Laura Ellen

Samantha Ellen 

Honestly, though.  I would use Virginia as a first name, or as a mn.  I love the name Virginia. 

Virginia Rose 

Virginia Mae 

I would, but my Mom HATED her name. She was about to legally change it to her nickname (Gini) when she passed away.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options

I love the suggestion of Sarah. I love Sarah and think it sounds great with Ellen. 

Rebecca Ellen

Caroline Ellen

Julia Ellen

Susanna Ellen

Hannah Ellen

Victoria Ellen

Juliet Ellen 

• Options

Bridget Ellen

• Options
    I have a good friend who's name is Gail Ellen and I have always adored her name. :)
  • Options

Have you talked to your sister about this? She may want to use the name as a fn, mn or not at all. She may be honored by you choosing it.

I had a brother, Ryan, that passed away and both my other brother and I will be using his fn as middle names for our children - him, a girl and me, a boy

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    Alexandra, Natalie, Amelia, Vivienne, Meredith, Alice, Cassandra, Bethany, Clara, Celia, Hannah, Rebecca, Audrey, Theresa, Josephine, Laura, Susanna, Sylvia, Lucinda, Gloria, Angelina, Lydia, Isadora, Nora, Anneliese
  • Options

I think you should talk to your sister.  If you like Ellen a lot as a FN, it isn't "hogging" it if your sister never plans to name a daughter after your mom, or only would consider it as a MN.

As an alternate suggestion, my cousin's name is Denita Ellen and she LOVES her name.  As a little girl she went by DeeDee.  As a teen/young adult she went by Dee.  Now as a career woman she goes by Denita.  When she's a sweet old lady I know she plans to go back to being DeeDee!  :-) 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"