VBAC

Those who have 2 (or more) and were late with 1st LO..

Did you go past your due date with subsequent pregnancies also?  I had my DS 10 days past my due date, and that was with an induction.  I'm really afraid that I'm going to go that far past my due date again and that I will have to have a repeat C.  I asked my OB yesterday if it's true that if you're late with you're first you're usually late with your second, and she said that history does tend to repeat itself in that area.  Left me feeling a little less positive about a VBAC...  Especially because she speculated that the reason DS may have went into distress was because I had an "old placenta".  I had an emergency C, under anesthesia, and I am just terrified of the same scenario.  Can anyone give me hope that there's a good chance I could go earlier with the 2nd?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Those who have 2 (or more) and were late with 1st LO..

• I had DS at 41 weeks 2 days.  My midwife allowed me to go to 41 weeks with DD and then induced me for my VBAC.  She was born vaginally at 41 weeks 1 day.  It is sad that doctors make us hope to go early (which is also not good for the baby) for the second child.  Generally, people go earlier with 2nd children but that was not the case for me.  Had I been with a strict OB/GYN, I would have had a repeat c, but with my supportive midwife and great VBAC friendly hospital I had a safe and successful VBAC at 41 weeks.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • I have heard that 2nd babies come sooner than first, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.  I had my c/s at 38 weeks and then labor started with my VBAC at 39, but I have a girlfriend who was sectionted at 41 weeks with her first, 38 weeks with her second and went into labor at 38 weeks 6 days with her 3rd (VBAC).

Also, you might find this article interesting...

https://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1047180/the_lie_of_the_edd_why_your_due_date.html

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • hey G!

You know my story already. DS was a falied induction at 39 weeks 5 days and DD was born at 41 weeks via VBAC after membranes stripping and some pitocin.

We never know when our babies will come. A aging placenta is what gives off the hormone that begins labor on its own in the first place. I wouldn't worry about being late. I don't see how that could have caused A's distress. You need to get your records and find out what they saw in there! If you are not trusting your doc then you need to jump ship! It's SO SO SO important to know they will do the right thing when it comes down to it. HUGSSSSS!

• Thanks ladies!

And as always, thanks Tiff : )

• My first 3 were late. 4th was induced and failed at 39weeks. I am expecting this one to be late.

• DD was 5 days late.  DS was born at 36 weeks.  I definitely wouldn't plan anything based on previous births.  I told my husband it was fine to go out of town for a football game since I was going off past experience of my daughter being so late and he missed the birth.  :(
  • I was 5 days late with DS but was 4 days early with DD :) Both were labors that started with my water breaking on their own then contractions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"