Cleveland Babies
Options

Has anyone delivered at Akron General?

IF so, do they give you the pieces for breast feeding? I am borrowing a breast pump from a friend but plan to get all new tubing and suction cup "thingys" but a few friends who have delivered in both Columbus and Canton say they were given those items when they left the hospital.

If Akron does send you home with those what brand do they give you? Thanks ladies!

Re: Has anyone delivered at Akron General?

• Options
    I delivered there nearly 2.5 years ago. Yes, I received a pump parts kit. It was Medela brand and included a manual pump along with the rest of the pieces. I only ever used the manual pump though (I'm a SAHM). FYI, you do have to ASK for the kit though. I don't think you 'automatically' receive one if you don't ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for the info....its the hosp so you know they charge you for everything..do you think its cheaper to buy at babies r us or somewhere else for the pieces?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have no idea who would sell the parts for a good price, as I never researched it. I also don't recall ever being billed for the parts from the hospital, but the way our insurance worked, most of my c/sec delivery was covered. I think we only paid something like $1k or so out of pocket? C/sec. delivery runs at least $10k if you don't have insurance, I think.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just delivered there in April, and yes they gave me the parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"