Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Does your preschool BOY play pretend guns?

We own a water gun but no other play guns.   Lately, DS has been "shooting" everyone, once our neighbors who were taking a nice family walk.  Embarassing! I've explained we don't shoot at people.   GAH!  I hope this is normal behavior.   He learned this at daycare.  I think.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your preschool BOY play pretend guns?

• Options

all little boys (and even most little girls) will play guns even if they never own a toy gun - it just happens... they'll use their hands, leggos, you name it.

griffin will do it now and then and we tell him that we don't pretend guns because they hurt people- and he'll stop.

• Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

all little boys (and even most little girls) will play guns even if they never own a toy gun - it just happens... they'll use their hands, leggos, you name it.

This.

Ours learned it from our older next door neighbor and then it really picked up with the start of school this fall.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh yea.  I blame my DH.  He let the boys watch Star Wars before we had a chance to talk about it.  Now my 20 month old makes shooting noises too. Fantastic. 

Andrew told me that one of the teachers told him "we don't play guns at pre-school" when he was shooting at someone on the playground.  I think all boys go through this though. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options
    Jack does. We just tell him not to shoot at people. It's pretty inevitable IMO.
  • Options
    I don't have a boy but I teach preschool and over half of the boys in my class have pretended to play guns at one point or another.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not yet - we don't have any toy guns and he has not yet seen any TV or movies with guns. I am sure it is inevitable, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My preschool GIRL loves to take my husband's air-soft guns and shoot at us. lol It's definitely normal behavior and it doesn't mean he's more prone to violence or will be more prone to it because of playing with them. Just make sure he follows whatever parameters - don't point at humans/people - when he plays (or suffer consequences - i.e. time-out) and I don't foresee any problems in this kind of pretend play.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

Glad to know, I don't have the next George Hernnard on my hands : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageDevonPow:
    Not yet - we don't have any toy guns and he has not yet seen any TV or movies with guns. I am sure it is inevitable, though.
    this exactly.
  • Options
    My ds did for the first time yesterday and have no idea where he got it from. Only thing I can think of is pre-school or his 10 yr old uncle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"