Parenting
Options

WTF Wednesday, anyone?

I have one. I am really fucking frustrated with the insensitivity and lack of compassion coming from my managers.

My doctor wrote me a note out of work for the next 3 days (to help ease my mind/body while we wait for these beta results since I'm very active and constantly on my feet at work). Honestly, I feel like I'd be extremely preoccupied mentally at work, and pretty much useless right now. Not to mention I'm feeling pretty nauseous.

The usual rule at my job is to find coverage for your shift if you cant work...if you cant find coverage, you better have a dr note to prove it. Well, I called and spoke to a manager today, told him I'll be out for a couple days due to a medical issue and I have a dr note, but have been unable to find coverage. His reply was, "well you still need to work on finding a cover for your shift. Beg someone to work for you or offer to do them favor in return or something".

I get that he's just doing his job to fill the need of the restaurant, but fucking really dude? If I can recall, you were just out during to medical reasons for about 3 weeks and no one pulled this shit on you. Thanks for the compassion, asshole.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday, anyone?

• Options
    Geeze, what a dick. I'm sorry :(

• Options
    @bearsbearsbears‌ yeah, im thisclose to tell them to take this job and shove it up their ass. I certainly dont get paid enough to put up with the bullshit. Especially right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slappalicious I am in the US. But the problem is I only work PT and its the restaurant business. It seems like there are so many loopholes in this industry.
  • Options
    1Panda1Panda member
    Ugh, restaurant managers. I always find when working a job like that, that the managers have zero compassion for anyone but themselves. If they need something done, you better do it or else...!! I don't have any advice, just commiseration. I hope you take your time off anyway. Fuck them!
  • Options
    Well, my main thing is that we have a total of 3 different managers, 1 of which is really nice and understanding. The other 2 can suck it. We already decided (based on a number of factors) to pull DS out of daycare for a while and the cool manager was able to help me switch a few days in my schedule tomake it work with the lack of childcare during the dayon weekdays.

But it all depends on who is managing when problems come up. Unfortunately with this situation , I'm dealing with the 2 assholes. But this is definitely giving me food for thought...for sure. MH is already livid about how they've handled their end up of everything. His response was "fuck them. No job is worth that. Your health comes first". And he's right.

Soooo...whatever. if they end up making a huge stink about all this, they can kiss my ass. For the money I make, it ain't worth it.
  • Options
    1Panda said:

Ugh, restaurant managers. I always find when working a job like that, that the managers have zero compassion for anyone but themselves. If they need something done, you better do it or else...!! I don't have any advice, just commiseration. I hope you take your time off anyway. Fuck them!

@1Panda‌ oh I'm taking my time off. No doubt about that.
  • Options
    @Darbie914 thats what I figured :)
  • Options

So sorry @MrsT0514.  Resturant managers can be the worst at compassion.  Good luck at whatever you decide to do!

My WTF Wednesday:  I had THE dream last night, ya know, the one where I catch DH in the act, cheating on me.  & his response was something along the lines of "oh darn you caught me".  It was this whole emotional drawn out dream, &  was storming in my dream & I woke up & it was storming outside & it took me a few seconds to realize it was only a dream.....So my WTF is that I'm still a little pissed at DH for dream cheating & acting like it was no big deal LOL

• Options
    My WTF to the lady at Wal-Mart who tried to put a box of OPENED ice cream pops into the impulse buy fridge at the end of the aisle. You thought giving me stink eye would stop me from strongly advising you that it would melt and make a mess for someone else.
    I hope you really out them back in the freezer and not just on the first shelf out of my eyesight
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    WTF to this weather... Heat on in my car in mid May?! Wrong is one way of putting it- fucked up is more appropriate though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"