Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did you feel this right before labor started?...

Hello,

I am 37 weeks 5 days, and although I do not think I'm in labor (at all), I've been hearing a lot of birth stories lately that all start with "the day labor started I just felt 'weird". I don't know if these women actually recognized that they felt "weird" when it was happening or it was something they realized in retrospect, but I was curious- if you went into labor spontaneously, did you feel "weird" the day it happened? Did you know then that you felt weird or was it something you realized when you looked back on the experience?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image image

Re: Did you feel this right before labor started?...

• Options

Didn't feel weird at all. Lost my plug Friday, water broke Sunday morning. I was completely surprised since I was 3 weeks early. Although, people were constantly telling me I was going any day because I looked it..whatever that meant.

GL!

• Options

No.  there were lots of days during the pregnancy that I just felt "off", but the day i went into labor I didn't feel weird. Actually I would say that those last few days I actually felt good. I slept ok, my hips didn't hurt as badly, and I was in a general better mood.  But that is about all that was different.

Oh and I went into labor at 37 weeks 1 day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I woke up feel crampy and couldn't get the discomfort to go away or get back to sleep and felt a little nauseous.  Since I was two days from my due date I was pretty sure it was early labor but until it really didn't go away later that day then I knew it was really gonna happen then.  Too many stories about false labor.  But I never really had pain at all during pregnancy until then.  By the time I got to the hospital I was 7 cm dilated and contractions were very strong and fast.

• Options
    I didn't feel weird. I was having contractions since Monday every 7 minutes, Nothing made then go away. By Friday morning I knew it was it (they were every 3-4 minutes apart) and I had her at 5:30pm Friday. I was 37 weeks and 0 days.
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • Options
    I felt bad for three days before I went into labor, not weird but that feeling you get right before your body surrenders to being sick...
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did not feel any different...I went into work on a Saturday morning and that night I got up off th couch and my water broke.  I was 10 days early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't feel any different. I woke up one morning, lost my plug/had bloody show, started having contractions within the hour, 30 hours of labor later, DD arrived. I was 39 weeks 3 days.

• Options
    imageMrsG NC:

I didn't feel any different. I woke up one morning, lost my plug/had bloody show, started having contractions within the hour, 30 hours of labor later, DD arrived. I was 39 weeks 3 days.

THIS only I was 39 weeks and DS arrived.  

• Options
    I felt flu-ish. I was achy, had a headache, felt hot (though no fever). I was sure I was getting sick. I woke up feeling fine the next morning (39w4d) and when I stepped out of bed my water broke. ETA: Good luck!!
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't feel weird at all.
  • Options
    I didnt feel weird at all. I even went to a movie a few hours before I went into labor (I was 2 weeks early). I thought I had a stomach ache after eating too much cotton candy. I had one intense contraction and then didnt really feel them til after the epidural wore off the first time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was over 40 weeks and not I didn't have much of an appetite and was really tired and sluggish.  I'll be honest though, I'm not sure if it was a sign of labor or not.  I mean, who feels great at 40 1/2 weeks pregnant?  Anyway, despite not feeling great, DH and I went out to dinner.  After dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble and that's where my water broke!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not weird at all except for the discomfort from the membrane sweep. Started early labor that night, contracted all the next day & really got strong that evening. Still took 24 hours before we could be admitted to L&D, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Options
    I felt weird and sick.  I knew that I was "done, over" being pregnant.  I had trouble using the bathroom (which I've never had before) and was in A LOT of pain.  After I finally used the bathroom I was crampy, lower back pains, and felt tired and sick.  So I took a bath (which I don't do often) and sat in the tub and cried and cried.  Then DH got home and I just cried and cried and said I didn't know if I could do this and I was scared.  (I did not think I was going to have him yet...I was 2 weeks early and it was my first).  Then I lost my MP and went to bed and at 1:15am my water broke.  I just knew something wasn't right and I felt funny for a reason.  Didn't know it was labor coming.  Keep in mind I was not emotional during pregnancy so the crying at the end was uncharacteristic.
  • Options
    The day I went into labor I woke up super happy and content. I then went to the bathroom and found some bloody show. The rest of the morning and early afternoon I was hyper in tune to my body, thinking everything was a sign labor was starting. My husband and I walked to lunch then a little after we got home I heard a pop. That was definitely weird :) anywho, contractions started hard within an hour and 10 hours later I had my baby :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"