San Diego Babies

doulas?

So, DH and I have finally decided that we do, in fact, want a doula.  The problem is that I'm due on Jan. 2nd, so we don't have tons of time.  Is there anyone out there in San Diego who has had a doula and just loved her?  DH and I would be thrilled to get a few recommendations to help us narrow down the search.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: doulas?

• Hi Calstoncallie,

I am not sure where you are delivering, but UC San Diego Medical Center has a volunteer doula program that offers doula services in both of their birth settings: the Birth Center and Labor & Delivery Unit. You may want to contact Ann Fulcher, the UCSD Hearts and Hands Volunteer Doula program director for additional information. She may be able to offer you suggestions for other doula services if you are not delivering at UC San Diego Medical Center. Otherwise, there is more information about UC San Diego?s Doula Program here: https://health.ucsd.edu/women/child/doula/

Ann can be reached at afulcher@ucsd.edu.

Hope this helps.

• Great choice!  I had a Doula but she is no longer practicing.  Her back-up Doula was through UCSD and she was amazing too.  I am sorry I do not have a good suggestion, I just wanted to let you know you made the right choice by having a Doula, Best of Luck.  I am sending you incredible Birth vibes!

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"