Babies on the Brain
Options

just a whine that I will edit to nothingness in a bit

I had a termination of parental rights trial on Friday. 

The pre-adoptive couple is a pair of gay men who, despite having been wonderful foster parents "shouldn't be able to raise a girl because if God wanted fags to have kids he would have made it possible for faggot men to get pregnant."  I had to listen to this baloney for HOURS, while TRYING to advocate for my client.

Oh, and how will they know how to do her hair?  They won't.  The child is being flucked, because of these completely inadequate parents. 

I just need one more day in this weekend. 

Re: just a whine that I will edit to nothingness in a bit

• Options
    That is so incredibly sad. I am so sorry you had to deal with that and I am sorry those men had to hear all that bull. I am so glad they will give the little girl a chance at a good life :-) 
  • Options
    I can't even imagine how hard that is.  I'm glad there are people like you who are willing to take those cases because I know I couldn't
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BGG I cannot imagine. I just can't imagine.
  • Options

That would be so hard. (((hugs)))

You are an amazing woman!

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Options

I actually wanted to post on thepurestgift that the most kind hearted non-judgmental thing I was able to do was to NOT stick my tongue out and say "I effin told you so you lower than whale *** mutha flucker."

• Options
    imageDee1028:

That would be so hard. (((hugs)))

You are an amazing woman!

I am not amazing and that is soooo not why I was posting, but thanks. I just can't avoid a train wreck. If I had an attention span I would do something other than trial work. I only truly care about losing when I haven't done my best, AND I've lost.  I don't mind losing in the end if I have done my best and justice is done.  Thank goodness the system gets these cases right.  
  • Options

Ugh, I feel for you. TPR sessions are the worst. However, I give you BIG credit for keeping your cool, I would have gone BSC.

I had to walk out of one once. I was the SW for a teen girl and her father just didn't feel like being a parent. When asked if this was what he really wanted, he said "Fvck yeah. I have shiit to do this weekend. Are we almost done yet?"

horrible.

Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"