Attachment Parenting
Options

DD showed me a thing or two about AP tonight

My DH gave me a bowl with tortellini and really hot sauce. By the time I carried it over to the table, the bowl slipped and my dinner went flying on my cream colored linen dry clean only couch and on my fav carpet! I was livid. I yelled (which I dont usually do and its a house rule not to yell!).

So, my 23 month old comes over and says calmly: Ima (Hebrew for mommy), no, no, no! and looks me straight in the eye. But I was still running to cool my burned hand and trying to clean up. So, she said it again. Camly.

It centered me again and I had to smile. I apoligized to her and my husband for yelling. She nodes, smiles and goes about her business. Later we cuddled on the couch and I thanked her for reminding me about not yelling. She just nodded and smiled. Awww! 

Re: DD showed me a thing or two about AP tonight

• Options

That is to sweet.

I give you props for having a cream couch. We have a very cool slipcovered couch that I love. It is two diffrent colors of blue. I'm not sure what we would do without a colorful slipcover because we get stuff on it daily it seems! It is white underneith the slipcover and even though we only sit on the white when the slipcover in being washed it has a mint chocolate chip ice cream stain!

I love it when our kids teach us! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    Awwww that is so sweet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

that sweet!

although, I would have yelled (or at least yelped) over a burned hand, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aw, that's so adorable!  She sounds like a very poised 2-year old!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"