Trouble TTC
Options

who has had a MFI diagnosis?

we just got the phone call today that MH's semen analysis showed poor numbers in count (16 M) and morphology (2%).  luckily, motility was good.  

anyone have a similar diagnosis?  were you able to resolve the problem(s)?

we have an appointment with a urologist on monday so i'm not sure what his plan of action will be for us.  we are supposed to start IUI next month but that may not happen now.   

Re: who has had a MFI diagnosis?

• Options

MH initial count was 11 million and bad motility (13%) and 2% morph.

The uroligist put him on fertility blend and clomid.  He counts have varied greatly since...

Because of our motility issue, our IUI post wash counts were never very high but I think your husband could still have a high enough count since his motility is fine to have a good chance at IUI working for you!

As for morph.  It is highly debatly.  It is the number I (and my two different REs) worry the least about because it can vary so much from sample to sample.

GL!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

My Dh's initial count was 19 mil, 16% mot and 9% morph.  After three months on Fertility Blend for Men his count is now 38 mil, 43% mot, and 7% morph. 

From what I've seen morph never goes up and usually goes down on those pills so I don't know that it's for you.  But I will say with good Mot I agree with MDLuv that you should be able to get good post wash numbers for your IUI.   

GL!!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH's initial count was at 116 mil which is high, but his motility was at 40% and morph was at 8.  I being one to think I wouldn't have problems getting pregnant due to the high count have been TTC for 4 yrs now.  We tried Fetilaid about 2 yrs ago, but DH wasn't into taking 3 pills a day and I gave up on that.  Well 2 more yrs later I am having him take it again along with Motility Boost made by Farhaven Health also.

I have also heard that morph is not a huge problem also.  Motitlity seems to be what hinders getting preg the most.  Even though my DH has high numbers we still have not gotten preg.  I think that since he has the high count that only means that there is that much more with low motitlity getting in the way.

IUI would be a good option for you since your DH has good motility.  I would still push for that!

GL!

• Options

I think it definitely depends on what RE you go to. I don't remember my DH motility and count numbers...but I know they were average to above average. Morph, however, was low at 2% Our RE told us that IVF with ICSI would be our best option. We did try two IUIs first with no luck. We're now moving onto IVF.

Our RE also said that vitamins etc can sometimes increase motility and count...but rarely morph. Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our only option was for ivf with icsi, but Dh numbers are much much lower.  The urologist with ruin more tests then make a rec.  It looks like you could do IUI but I don't know much about it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"