Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

*crosses fingers*

I usually hold DD in the rocking chair and nurse her to sleep, but she'll always wake up about 20 minutes after I put her in her crib.  I then try to get her back to sleep (DH helps), but wind up giving up and letting her nurse on the couch.  Once asleep out there, she's usually fine and I move her into her crib an hour or so later.

Well, tonight I figured that I'd try nursing her on the futon in her room instead of on the chair.  

I was able to leave her sleeping on the couch after only 30 min or so and then I moved her into her crib an hour or so later.  She woke up once, about 2 hours after she fell asleep, but DH was able to get her back to sleep.

If this is the solution, then I am ECSTATIC!!!  I've been having such awful nights getting her to stay asleep and it's really been wearing down on me, not to mention that I don't have any 'me' time.

Here's hoping that it works!

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: *crosses fingers*

• Options
    Good luck!!  Riley is awful to get down at night, but then she stays asleep long periods, so I try to keep telling myself it could be worse.  Maybe we'll try something like that.  She often falls asleep nursing in our bed, but then I immediately move her because I'm afraid she'll roll off (even though it's a king) and she ends up waking in transition.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Yeah, once she's asleep, she'll sleep for awhile and I know that we're lucky with that.

I was so worried with her on the futon, too, and kept on going in there to check on her.  She doesn't move too much in her crib, though, so I think she'll be fine on the futon for a bit.  I don't like having her on our bed because it's kinda smooshy.  

How does Riley protest bedtime?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

She just doesn't sleep lol.  We've tried as early as 7 and as late as 11, it doesn't seem to make much difference.  I nurse her and she either falls asleep or gets all drowsy, then as soon as I put her down she's WIDE awake.  Sometimes DH will go work with her awhile, but an hour or so later I end up nursing her again and she goes out.  We always wait to see what she'll do after we lay her down and for up to a half an hour she'll coo and laugh or even just lay quiet, but eventually she starts crying.

Tonight I was too frustrated to go through it all again when she woke up the first time so we played 30 mins or so then tried again.  That time she went down awake and put herself to sleep - that needs to happen more often!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I would be beside myself if DD put herself to sleep, but that's not in the cards for quite some time, I fear.  Oh well, I'm staying home with her and we really don't have any friends/family here, so it's not like we have anyone to go out with.

Em's bedtime depends on her naps and those are ALL over the place.  It doesn't seem to make a difference, though, because she always does the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"