2nd Trimester
Options

Emotional Breakdown (Long)

I have to go to court on Monday for my work.  I leave at 6:30 in the morning to get there on time.  My dad usually watches my son since DH and I are both gone.  My dad just got a new job and can not watch him.  My MIL does not work so we ask her if she would be able to come in and watch our ds and take him to school at 8.  She then ask if I could drive him to her house, 30 minutes the opposite direction.  I would have to wake him up at 5:30am.  When dh said no we could find someone else she ask if he could spend the night, he has never stayed there, why would I do it the first time on a school night, again dh said it's fine we will find someone else.  So she then says she will come in to watch him. We have never ask her for anything, she is not involved in our lives unless she needs something from us.

Then I got new curtains today and ask DH to hang them, he said "How much did these cost", I started bawling and threw the curtains, and cried for an hour!!

Dh had no clue what to do but hang the curtains!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Emotional Breakdown (Long)

• Options

I'm sorry but in this case I see nothing wrong with her requests. It was short notice and you're asking her to be there very early. Obviously she's willing to come in watch him so I don't see her being unreasonable here.

But I agree, I hate the dreaded "how much did this cost" question. It's the worst.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started bawling over my horrible housekeeping skills yesterday... Our house is a mess, laundry is piled up, dishes need to be done, and DH just happened to mention needing some laundry done at the wrong time.

To defend DH, he works 50+ hours a week, and I work maybe a day or two a week when I'm lucky (sub for a daycare that has maybe 10 people on staff).  When I left my full time job, I agreed housework would be on me.  Still didn't make me feel any better.  The past 2 days have been like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In most cases my action wouldn't be reasonable but with this lady, who takes and takes and takes from us and demands from us,  I let myself believe that maybe sometime she would give back.  I was wrong and now know that she will never be any different. I just needed to vent about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageawireman:
    In most cases my action wouldn't be reasonable but with this lady, who takes and takes and takes from us and demands from us,  I let myself believe that maybe sometime she would give back.  I was wrong and now know that she will never be any different. I just needed to vent about it.

I don't know the backstory. I'm just saying from an outsider's view with what you gave us I don't see her asking if there were other options as unreasonable before agreeing to drive to your house in the wee hours of the morning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Her requests didn't seem that bad.

You know your pregnant when watching a pokemon cartoon with your kids makes you cry. Don't feel so bad it was just an off day.   Things will work out.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"