Eco-Friendly Family
Options

AW: I got a ball gown!!

I got a ball gown today for DH's ball in November. I went shopping with a friend of mine and found this at David's Bridal. I don't really like that store but I like their style of dress and found a nice one. Mine is red and it has beading at the top on the bodice, even though you can't really see it in the pictures.

I asked for their hemming prices...$60!!! I'm hemming it myself, it won't be too hard.

Re: AW: I got a ball gown!!

• Options
    Beautiful!
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options
    Good choice.  You could also check local tailors and dry cleaners.
    47 months &
    11 months
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think that is how they make most of their money is in making the dresses fit.  I sure you could find someone else to do it for cheaper if you don't want to do it yourself. 

BTW I really like the dress

• Options
    Well, my friend and I are going to do it together. She used to do dress alterations so she knows what she's doing.
  • Options
    Very pretty!  We're going to need pics of you and your DH all dressed up!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Nice! 

I decided today (while sitting staring at one of my dressed crumpled on the floor still from the move) that I don't need any more dresses, I just need to make myself fit into them!!  :)  Seriously, I have like 6 or 7 dresses of various sizes so that should get me through the next 7 years, right?

• Options

Gorgeous Armywife! I'm sure you'll look great!

Kind of makes me wish we were going to the birthday ball this year. *sniffle*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

that is pretty!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Gorgeous!  It's very similar to my wedding dress (not from Davids, though).

But that's not me in it, unfortunately.  This is me in it:

• Options
    Beautiful! Pics are definitely going to be demanded. ;-)
  • Options
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:

Gorgeous!  It's very similar to my wedding dress (not from Davids, though).

But that's not me in it, unfortunately.  This is me in it:

Hey, you just brought up an interesting point. My wedding dress looked a LOT like yours. Funny, guess I still like that style of dress. I don't have a wedding pic on this computer or I'd PIP it too...Maybe after the ball I can do comparison pics.

And, ArmyQM, All my ball gowns are too big (which ain't a bad thing) and I know won't ever fit in them again. Last ball, I was pregnant, before that I was losing baby weight and two sizes larger than I am now, before that I was 7 weeks PP with DD...so yeah, none of my old gowns fit. I do have a formal gown I saved from college that I will never ever fit into again, unless I do some serious weight loss, but I save it b/c I love it and I can't bear to part with it. Silly right?

• Options

Ok...I found one. Here is a picture of me in my wedding dress...looks a LOT like the ball gown. How funny. Thanks, Glad, for pointing that out :)

• Options
    imageproudarmywife08:

Ok...I found one. Here is a picture of me in my wedding dress...looks a LOT like the ball gown. How funny. Thanks, Glad, for pointing that out :)

Gorgeous!!  

Great minds... 

;)

• Options
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imageproudarmywife08:

Gorgeous!!  

Great minds... 

;)

But of course!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"