Boston Babies

Hi, I just found my way over from the Nest. I used to post over there semi-regularly and recently returned after I found out I was expecting so I could connect with other pregnant ladies in the area and found my way here. I should have know they would have a website just for the preggo ladies : )

I'm pretty sure  I'm about 6 weeks along and have my 1st OB appt scheduled for October 21st. The wait is driving me crazy.

I'm planning to deliver at Beth Israel and would love to hear from anyone else who has delivered there or plans to deliver there about their experience so far.

DH and I have been married for 4 years now and he is just wrapping up his doctorate. We're both excited, nervous and in a state of disbelief at the same time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newbie

• hi there! I remember you from way back, congrats on the baby!!  this board is really slow but I still come over every few days.  there was a mass exodus about 2yrs ago when the Nest spawned the Bump and changed the format.  about 80% of the girls on the Boston board left and started a private site which is still up and running and very popular.  let me know if you want the link. 

I was on bed rest at BI with my pregnancy for 3wks and the nurses there were great.  the Dr.'s were ok....there were just so many  of them that it was a little hard to keep track.   when I made it to 33wks they let me transfer back to my local hopsital and that is where i delievered so I don't have experience with them and being in labor.  

imageimage

• Hi there.

Hi there. :)

I'm 9 weeks along and it was painful waiting that long.... That being said, we just heard the heartbeat on Tuesday and it's worth the wait!  

I work in the NICU and newborn nurseries at the BI. I've been there for 15 years. There isn't a better place in the world to deliver a baby.  I love the team there and HIGHLY recommend them.  I'm looking forward to delivering there in May! 

Best of luck with your pregnancy! :) 

erin

• Loading the player...
  • I've always wondered why this board was so slow!  It reminds me a bit of the Cape Cod knot board. 

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and congrats!  I've heard great things about BI from friends (I'm delivering at NWH).  And I remember that horribly long wait until the first appt. so I feel your pain.  But if you experience anything that is not quite right (spotting, cramping, etc.), your doctor should definitely see you early.  I had spotting around 5 weeks, and my OB had me come right in for an internal U/S.  Such a relief.  But hopefully everything will be smooth sailing for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! Christiney - your son is so cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs.schmitty:
    Thanks ladies! Christiney - your son is so cute!

thanks! 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"