Eco-Friendly Family
Options

XP from CD board: Looking for nighttime options. B4 or GM?

My not even 6 week old is peeing through everything.  She soaks through her BG S even with 1 hemp and 1 bamboo doubler.  Same with her applecheeks size 1, except there is no room for doublers in those (she is chunky).  But unless I'm super careful when putting them on (which is kinda hard at midnight), she leaks through the BG3.0 still (with the big insert), it kinda gaps around the legs.  I tried an AMP fitted with an AFFF and it worked pretty well, but I only have 3 fitteds.  I'm thinking of investing in a few for nighttime.  B4s and GMs are both one size? Which one do you prefer and why? I like that they are cute, but it isn't a huge factor for me, I want absorbency and something that will grow with the baby.  Other ideas? My Bummis covers still work well, I don't want to invest in small sized wool because she grows so fast... ETA: She is approx 11 lbs and sleeps 5-7 hours straight.   I tried a sposie out of desperation and got a poo explosion.  Not good.

Re: XP from CD board: Looking for nighttime options. B4 or GM?

• Options
    My personal belief is that B4's are more absorbent than GM's.  I'm not sure if they'd fit great if your BG's are still having fit issues, although at 11 lbs I'd think they'd fit fairly soon - you could look at the website and see what her recommendations are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have both B4's and GM's , I love my B4's so much better, they are super absorbent, and I love that the rise is so much higher than the GM's.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When you say she soaks through the super stuffed BG, what part exactly is she soaking through?

My LO weighs 11 lbs as well, and I can't even use the nb insert with the regular insert because it causes too much gapping at the legs. When she wakes up her diaper is reeeally wet, but only "leaks" if the leg was too loose. So for me, one insert works better than two, oddly.

• Options
    imagekdello:

When you say she soaks through the super stuffed BG, what part exactly is she soaking through?

My LO weighs 11 lbs as well, and I can't even use the nb insert with the regular insert because it causes too much gapping at the legs. When she wakes up her diaper is reeeally wet, but only "leaks" if the leg was too loose. So for me, one insert works better than two, oddly.

It is coming out from the back, and the whole thing is really wet.  It might be what is causing the problem at the legs though...I am so tired of her either leaking from overstuffed dipes or soaking through when they aren't stuffed enough.  

• Options
    My DD is the same age and about the same size and I've been having really good luck with xs thirsties covers with infant prefolds and a small insert from a FB or HH underneath, that usually lasts 5+ hours. I also use BG 3.0s with two infant inserts, she has pretty chunky thighs though so they fit pretty well that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"