Two Under 2
Options

Getting really frustrated with being stuck in the house:(

I feel like I cant leave the house b/c Owen is such a fussy baby! He screams in the car seat carrier, he's not a fan of being worn in the Ergo (dont think he likes facing in) and he will randomly burst into screaming fits which makes it sooo hard to go out and do things. I have a Bjorn that he may like more, but I hate it and he isnt quite ready to be facing out anyway. I remember feeling this way with Lilly too but obviously it was different b/c there wasnt another kid in the picture, so staying at home all day was no big deal. How did you get through the first few months without going crazy?
someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Getting really frustrated with being stuck in the house:(

• Options
    Do you have a yard that DD can run around in? I usually end up doing that.  I'll venture out for a walk and if either one gets too fussy, I can just come back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have 2u2 yet but will... DD was a VERY fussy baby so it was hard to leave the house with her because of her screaming fits. I would just go and then put her in the sling if she got fussy. I would also keep my trips to short trips, like a quick trip to the library or the post office or even to Walmart. I HAD to get out of the house! I go stir crazy just sitting around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJen&Len:
    Do you have a yard that DD can run around in? I usually end up doing that.  I'll venture out for a walk and if either one gets too fussy, I can just come back.

no, I wish:( we live in a townhouse which we have already outgrown. Maybe thats why I feel the need to get out so much. 

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry.  It's no fun to feel like you're under house arrest.

My DS is very laid back, but my DD was extremely high maintenance and fussy.  She hated her carseat too, screamed from the second she was in it until the second she was taken out of it.  I still got out during the day.  I'd go to the mall, to the park, Target, etc.  I figure there are lots of loud toddlers and crying babies there, so it wasn't a big deal to me to take DD.  She'd generally calm down.

Do you have a double stroller?  I'd aim to get them out of the house on a long walk once a day.  Maybe your LO will get a bit more accustomed to it and start to like day trips.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS went thru a few wks of fussiness too.  he screamed the whole time we would TRY to run an errand.  fortunately, he DID like the carrier (facing outward).  we walked and walked and walked.  that was my sanity.  i would stroll DD and carry him.  then we got a double stroller and he liked that too.  anyway, get out and walk when you can is my advice.
  • Options

My DD didn't like the stroller in the beginning - so it was pretty rough for me. Not to mention in the very beginning DS wasn't even walking yet, haha!

Does he take a binky? Not that you can do this by yourself...but while going out with DH - I sat next to DD and gave her a bottle of pumped milk...filled up her tummy and if I was lucky she'd fall asleep for a while.

I think the more you do it the more they get used to it. It will seem SO easy once they are able to entertain themselves...and now I can hand DD a mum mum and she will nibble on that for like 10 minutes. It gets easier! I just started taking them out by myself regularly a few weeks ago.

• Options

DD was great in her car seat early on, but now its getting more challenging. I would take walks, have a neighbor come over to say hey, run through the drive thru really fast, go get the mail. Really its just a matter of getting through the next few weeks until he can at the very least face out in the carrier and make your life a little easier. 

We just bought this mirror for DD, it has lights and a timer. She loves to look at it and keeps her happy for a little while so we can get somewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Einstein-Lights-Melodies-Mirror/dp/B002C1ABO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1285812086&sr=1-1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"