School-Aged Children
Options

Do you make a lunch or eat out

Do you make a lunch daily, eat out or eat leftovers mostly?

For those dieting or doing a change of lifestyle, what types of things do you eat for lunch? I need some ideas.. I am in a rut for lunches for myself lately.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you make a lunch or eat out

• Options

We just make our own lunch here at home. 

We have basic bread and lunch meat, cheese sticks and a fruit.  

• Options

When I worked, I mostly ate out.

Now I stay home and I eat at home.  Usually I eat something lame like a pb&j.  But sometimes I'll make a cold pasta salad out of leftovers or a grilled panini sandwich.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually like soup for lunch.  I try to make a big pot of it once a week but lately things have been busy and I eat a lot of canned soup (Amy's makes organic, low sodium soups that I think are really good). 
  • Options

I go out to eat with my coworker about every other Friday but the rest of the time I pack. It is leftovers if we have any. I also pack breakfast to eat at work so usual things I pack:

wheat bagel

some type of fruit: apple, orange, cantalope, grapes

A sandwich or salad (red lettuce lots of veggies and vinager dressing)

Also a couple of snacks: chips, peanuts, almonds, pretzels (my current favorite), string cheese, cheese/crackers, dry cereal, or granola bars.

• Options
    I make my own lunches, or eat left overs. Eating out isn't always healthy because you don't know what they are cooking with (types of seasoning, oils, etc). Prior to begin pregnany, I ate grilled chicken, turkey wraps, veggies, fruits, yogurts, salads, protein shakes. I stay away from a lot of bread and pastas, sugars, salts and mainly sweets
  • Options

i make a lunch...whatever we have in the house....sandwich, pasta, etc.

that being said, i WISH i could order out lunch every day.......

• Options

I'm on a very restricted diet (due to many food allergies) so I very rarely eat out. I make lunches the night before for both DD and I... and I'd say most of my lunches are leftovers. On the weekends we cook up a storm (it seems) and cook for an army so there are always leftovers available for lunches! DH is lucky--he works in walking distance from home, so he comes home on lunch, cooks a fresh meal, and then goes back to work.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"