January 2011 Moms
Options

school vent (NBR)

I finally saw my degree evaluation, and I was never informed that my math class I took at the University of Evansville counts for pretty much nothing at UTEP. It's halfway through the 2nd week of classes and I have to beg to get into a 3 credit hour math class which will bring my total credit hours to 16 this semester. That, with working, being secretary of the alumnae chapter here, being pregnant, and everything else that happens at random, I'm freaking out.

I'm already taking a 1 credit hour freshman level lab that is more work than all other 12 credit hours I'm taking because 2 and a half years after I took the lecture part they decided I have to have THAT in order to graduate... now this. In Summer 2009 they told me my math class DID satisfy my requirement... I have been crying for a half hour now. I emailed the professor of the only class that fits my schedule, I'm praying he'll let me in so I can graduate, since my due date is less than a week before spring semester starts. Plus, why would I want to take ONE CLASS next semester so I can graduate a full YEAR later than I should have?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: school vent (NBR)

• Options
    Ew that sucks big time.  I remember something simlar happened to me my last semester senior year of undergrad.  When I picked my courses my advisor made sure my business electives counted towards my major and then the first week of classes began and I happened to check a course book and noticed that 1 class I was taking did not satisfy as a business elective and would not count as a class towards graduation.  I had to scramble to get signed into the 1 and only class that I could fit into my schedule in order to graduate.  Don't you just love how well college advisors do their job so properly?  I hope it all works out well for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry, I hope this works out for you. I really admire your bravery with everything you're doing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you and my brother go to the same school?  He has ran into the same problem so many times its not even funny.  Needless to say he is taking 1 more semester of classes for 7 credit hours they originally said counted but now say they don't. 

Hope you are able to get into the class and get this stressful time done with.

• Options

Ugh!  You just can't catch a break, can you?  :(  I'm so sorry you're going through this right now- its not easy, I know.  Seems like there was drama every year that I was in college...*sigh*.  Maybe, if you can't get into this class, you can take a course during your winter break that would cover it?  I know that would be getting right into your EDD but at least you could finish up before your LO arrived.

Good luck to you!!  {{and HUGS!}}

• Options
    I thought I was the only one having a bad day due to school. I wish I was close to graduating though. They had me on the phone with them all morning just to tell me though my paperwork did not go through. I had all of this information turned in January, right after I left Central Michigan. You would think that by now they have everything put together, but no they have been bulling me. Now, they expect me to run around trying to take classes at a Community College because im not in my major just yet.
  • Options
    imagembh10220:

Ugh!  You just can't catch a break, can you?  :(  I'm so sorry you're going through this right now- its not easy, I know.  Seems like there was drama every year that I was in college...*sigh*.  Maybe, if you can't get into this class, you can take a course during your winter break that would cover it?  I know that would be getting right into your EDD but at least you could finish up before your LO arrived.

Good luck to you!!  {{and HUGS!}}

thanks. I can't take a wintermester class because my EDD is right smack in the middle of it.

I went and talked to the dean of liberal arts this morning and I have to forward my emails from the old math head to the lady doing the graduation clearance, they said they don't see why she won't count it so I can graduate in December, since I'm completely finished with everything after this semester otherwise, and it is a course replacement. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"