Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Dear Stranger at Publix

Dear Stranger at Publix,

I want to express my sincere appreciation for your act of kindness earlier this evening.  Who knew that in a matter of minutes the weather would change from a sunny blue sky to pouring rain!  There I was with DS in his car seat/stroller, waiting (hoping) for the rain to pass so that we could get to the car safely and dry with our groceries.  And then you appeared, with a generous smile, asking me if I needed help and offering to stay back with DS so I could run and get the car and pull it right up to the doors.  I was so grateful.  While I myself got drenched, DS was quickly and safely transported from the stroller to the car without getting one drop of rain :)  I wish there were more people like you.  Thank you for lending a caring hand, thank you for being my eyes and ears.  You said to me "I've been there, years ago.  My son turned 21 today.  It's all worth it."  Happy Birthday to your son and hugs to you. 

Sincerely,

A new mother

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dear Stranger at Publix

• Options

Sweet story, but I have to ask...

Didn't it make you nervous to leave your kid with a stranger, regardless of how nice she was?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Nice gesture... but I couldn't leave my LO with a stranger
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You left your kid with a stranger? Seriously?
  • Options

imageJamielynn_ontario:
    Nice gesture... but I couldn't leave my LO with a stranger

This. 

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options
    That was very nice of the person, but I would've never have been able to leave my lo with a stranger no matter how nice they were. Usually the nicest people end up being the creepers!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thats a great story. Its great that you trusted her. But I would never leave my baby for a second with a stranger. Sorry. I have taken both my kids out in the rain they got wet with groceries no biggie.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesapgirl76:

Sweet story, but I have to ask...

Didn't it make you nervous to leave your kid with a stranger, regardless of how nice she was?

THIS!  I couldn't have done it.  Too many kids go missing where I am in FL

• Options
    No- my car was not out of sight.  My car was the 2nd car in the row that was directly in front of where she was and DS was and I was able to see them the entire time.  I wouldn't have done it otherwise :)
  • Options

I was helped by a very nice stranger several years ago when my oldest was a baby.  I was at the laundrymat with the baby.  I was struggling with the full basket of clothes and the baby.  A kind lady offered to hold him while I got my stuff in the car.  She walked next to me the whole way so he was in arm's reach...but it was so helpful to be able to get the clothes basket into the car without such a struggle.

I'm not sure if I would have accepted the offer to leave LO completely.  I guess it depends on how far away my car is.  Of course, I probably wouldn't have been standing there waiting...I would have let LO get wet.  Bad mommy here.  Big Smile

Bianca image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"