January 2011 Moms
Options

RP: Clothes. Moms of 1+.

What sizes are the most sensible to buy ?

I don't wanna buy too much of anything, or not enough size range. It's overwhelming. Please help.

I'd love your input!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RP: Clothes. Moms of 1+.

• Options

my kids seemed to outgrow the newborn to 3 month sizes pretty quick. They seemed to last a while in 3-6 months. I had a lot in that size and they got a lot of use out of those.

I also invested in a good pair of robeez for winter which were great and well worth the $$ IMHO because they kept their feet warm and stayed on well. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    honestly I would not buy sizes over 6-9 mo.  You end up with clothes in seasons that they aren't wearing that size.  My son wore nb sizes up until about 3 mo and he was an 8lb baby, but he was always a skinny baby so he stayed in sizes longer.  At age 3 he is barely in a size 3 but he could still wear 24mo shorts this summer and size 3's would have been too big.  I know its tempting to buy now but there is plenty of time and plenty of sales later.  I can't tell you how many clothes with tags still on them I have packed up because by the time he fit in them it was the wrong season.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are having a shower, hold off on buying newborn and 0-3 month stuff, you will end up with a lot in those sizes. I would not buy much in larger sizes ahead of time or you may find they are the wrong season

• Options
    My 8 lb 7 oz baby fit in to newborn for maybe 2 weeks.  I think 2 weeks was pushing it for a cute outfit in that size.  0-3 mos until she was 2.5 mos old then 3-6 mos until 5.5-6 mos old after that I cant remember how fast she out grew clothes.  Right now she is 3.5 years old and in 5t.  I would not buy much past 3-6 mos just because you dont know what season they may use the clothes or how fast or slow they will grow.  And all kids are differant even in the same family.  I have a friend who has a daughter who just turned 3 years old she is barley in 2t her son who will be 2 years old in feb is in I think 2t already and much bigger then his bigger sister.  They even wear the same size diaper right now.  So kids vary differant in how fast or how slow they grow. 
  • Options
    I don't know if I'm a good one to comment, because I had really big kids.  My 8 lb 6 oz. DD was in 0-3 months for awhile, but only because it was summer and her legs could hang out.  She was very long and wouldn't have fit in 0-3 mo. sleepers or pants until she was 3 months. My kids were also 1 size ahead of their age, even now, so once you get past the first 6 months, you kind of see how fast they are growing.   I would mostly buy 3-6 months.  A few gowns or sleepers in 0-3 mo., but like pp said, you'll get a lot of this size at your shower.  And I definately second the Robeez or a similar brand.  They are fantastic!  All my DD wore until she was 18 mo. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"