Two Under 2
Options

Day care & sibling discount?

Hi there,

For those of you who have 2 kids in daycare (under 2 or not) do you get a sibling discount? If so, how much (%?) is it? 

It is reasonable to expect this, or not? My kids will be going to an In-Home daycare provider, NOT a day care center.

Thanks! 

- - - - Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot! image image Visit The Knot!

Re: Day care & sibling discount?

• Options

We also take DS to an in-home and plan on taking the next one there, but we haven't discussed this yet with our DCP.  I know that she had a brother and sister before and they didn't pay the same amount for both kids, so I'm assuming she gives some kind of discount, I'm just not sure how much.  We pay $150 a week for DS right now.  I would expect to pay either $250 or $275 a week for both.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it, especially since traditional day care centers do provide a discount for siblings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The center we looked at for L doesn't do sibling discounts, only discounts if you pay for a month at a time instead of weekly. Not sure about in-home providers. We use an in-home DCP a couple of days a week but she discounts me just for L since we used to work each other and have known each other a while.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would be nice to get a discount, but I do not think it is reasonable to expect it. If your home daycare provider takes your second child, that is one full priced spot she can no longer fill because of legalities, so she could take your second at a discount, or add another fro full price... there are two vastly different views to this position.
  • Options
    We have 2 kids in daycare.  We get a 10% discount for the 2nd child at our daycare.  We take them to a daycare center.
  • Options

My kids go to an in-home day care, and we get a 20% discount on the second child (and if we had a 3rd child they would get a 30% discount off the full price). Honestly though, I think we are very lucky. I have never heard of discounts that high.

Before we moved to the in-home day care my older son was in a center and they offered a 10% discount off the older child's care (since that was cheaper).

• Options
    Our old daycare center was 10% sibling discount off of the older child's price per month. We now use an inhome but only part time so we pay hourly. She doesn't give sibling discounts right now.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use a center so we'll get 10% off our oldest.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We get a 10% discount off of our older child's tuition. They go to a center.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We don't get a discount at our inhome daycare.
  • Options

we negotiated a deal with my 3 boys --- they are in part time and we pay less than the standard 10% sibling discount- but the price we pay will not go down when the twins go to the older kid rooms (which is usually what happens)... but by then DS1 will be in kindergarten so we'll be working out another deal with daycare for just 2....

most centers offer a standard discount- but esp in this economy, most daycares will also work with you.... and an in-home daycare would be even easier to work with since they aren't following any "corporate" rules.

• Options

We have an in-home, and I honestly didn't think our DCP would even consider giving us a discount because, in theory, she could very well get two other full-time kids and get full price for it.  However, before I even brought anything up to our DCP, she told us that she would give us a $30/week discount since she likes us and wants to keep us.  She said it's a lot easier for her to knock a few bucks off than to try to find two other kids for full price, and she didn't want us to go someplace else.  So it's worth asking.  The worst they can do is say no, then you can decide if you want to look someplace else.  But even if we didn't get a discount, we'd still stay with our current provider because finding a DCP was a nightmare. 

ETA: $30 a week equals about 10% for us.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We go to an inhome and we pay $150 per week for my son and it will be $250 per week for both kids together.  We are VERY happy with the discount!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"