Austin Babies
Options

CD Overnight ?

We have not started CD'ing overnight but I would like to eventually.  Do you use a specific type for overnight?  Multiple layers?  HELP!

Thanks!!

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: CD Overnight ?

• Options
    2H2L2H2L member
    We use prefolds 24 hours a day, nothing extra at night. I don't know about AIOs if you use those though
  • Options
    Right now we just use BG 4.0s w/ the regular inserts and they have been working great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use pockets. For night it's either Bum Genius or Haute Pockets (which I do not recommend- the PUL starts bubbling and separates). I use both included inserts as well as a hemp doubler (I use Happy Heinys Stuffins with both pieces).
  • Options

At that age, we just used a pocket diaper with two inserts. If two microfiber inserts aren't enough, try using one microfiber and one hemp. Be sure that the hemp is on the bottom and the microfiber is closest to the baby in the arrangement. Microfiber absorbs more quickly and spreads out evenly, whereas hemp absorbs slower and doesn't spread out. With the microfiber on top, the pee will be distributed more evenly as it absorbs through into the hemp.

I didn't have to start getting creative with night time diapers until DD was over a year old. At this point, we're using sposies because I haven't figured out a solution that doesn't leak, but I'm working on it.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We used BG 3.0 with a Super-Do insert or double-stuffed with a Loopy-Do & microfiber insert.  We rarely had leaking issues, but DD's urine is pretty ammonia-heavy so the stench was awful and we went back to 'sposies at night.

• Options
    We use goodmamas for overnight and never have a leak with them.
    CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Hemp or bamboo fitted with an extra hemp doubler underneath a wool soaker. H was a heavy wetter and NOTHING else worked.
  • Options
    We use BG AIOs with an extra hemp insert.  I've had some leaks, but nothing bad and only recently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we were using just the flips organics overnight until recently when he switched to milk at his nighttime bottle and he started to leak just a bit at the top front.  We added a hemp insert into the middle of the organic insert and that helped. I just bought some mf doublers and like those better.  Just the flips organics by themselves worked for a long time with no leaks overnight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"