South Florida Babies

Hi & OB Recs in Boca - Anyone Use Frederick Silfen

Hi ladies,

Newbie here!  We got our BFP 3 weeks ago and I need to find an OB.  I see a GYN now and will have to transfer assuming all goes well at our ultrasound today (I've had some cramping and spotting over the past few weeks - no red though!). 

I have a friend who used Dr. Silfen and she really liked him.  We haven't told anyone else yet for me to get recs from other ladies, so I am spilling the beans with you and hope to get some opinions! 

If you make a rec, please tell me what was important to you to have in a dr and why you liked the particular dr you are recommending. 

Thanks!!

Re: Hi & OB Recs in Boca - Anyone Use Frederick Silfen

• Dr Silfen is my OB/GYN and I love him.  He delivered both of my kids (one reg and one csection) and I couldn't have been happier.  Good luck to you and congratulations!
  • Hi and congrats! I don't know anything about Dr. Silfen, but I've been to three doctors in Boca. Drs. Ciaccio and Newman are both at Women's Health Partners and are wonderful. I had to switch to Dr. Newman (solo practice) a few months before getting pregnant for insurance reasons. He's a little slow to warm up, but I'm very happy with him so far and am digging the solo practice. I'm not sure how other solo practices are, but his seems to work well and is a good fit for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemjz:
    Hi and congrats! I don't know anything about Dr. Silfen, but I've been to three doctors in Boca. Drs. Ciaccio and Newman are both at Women's Health Partners and are wonderful. I had to switch to Dr. Newman (solo practice) a few months before getting pregnant for insurance reasons. He's a little slow to warm up, but I'm very happy with him so far and am digging the solo practice. I'm not sure how other solo practices are, but his seems to work well and is a good fit for me.
      I second Dr. Newman and Dr. Ciaccio at Womens Health Partners.  However, I had problems after delivering my daughter with some of the other dr.s in that practice who were on call.  I was not happy....one even complained that she was on call and had to come in and see me because I was having chest pain after my csection.   Dr. Newman and Dr. Ciaccio saw me after my csection and were extrememly nice, caring, and helpful. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I "third" Women's Healthcare Partners...I see Rachel, the midwife, but Dr. Feingold did my c-section with DD and Dr. Newman will be doing my c-section with this baby....but LOVE all of them!!
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Silfen is one of the top cesctions doctors in Boca but I know ppl who see him love him( my girlfriend had all 6 of her kids delivered-csection- by him). I have been a patient at Women's Healthcare Partners for the past 6 years (3 pregnancies). I see a midwife (rachel Devaney) but have met every dr in that office and would highly recommend them. Their website: www.whammed.com
  • imageVandRicky:
    Silfen is one of the top cesctions doctors in Boca but I know ppl who see him love him( my girlfriend had all 6 of her kids delivered-csection- by him). I have been a patient at Women's Healthcare Partners for the past 6 years (3 pregnancies). I see a midwife (rachel Devaney) but have met every dr in that office and would highly recommend them. Their website: www.whammed.com
    Sorry that's www.whamd.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"