D.C. Area Babies
Options

Photographers in Maryland/Montgomery County?

I have been checking with some of the photographers from Artlvrs spreadsheet (which is WONDERFUL....much like the daycare spreadsheet!), but all the ones I have checked so far are located in Virginia. One will travel to Maryland but charges a big travel fee. Can anyone recommend a photographer in Maryland? (They could perhaps be on the spreadsheet already but I just haven't found them yet.)

I will pay the travel fee for a good photographer, but thought if there was a local person who was good, that would be preferred. Thanks!

Re: Photographers in Maryland/Montgomery County?

• Options

What part of Maryland are you in? A lot of them may not charge a fee for travel depending on how far it is. Also, sometimes they can suggest a place half-way in between to meet at like a nice park or garden so that you don't incur a fee.

Here's one that I know of in Frederick and her website says she will travel 60 miles from 21710.

https://www.sheymarinphotography.com/

ETA: I would focus on finding a photographer who's work you love and then go from there. If there's someone you love in VA, then contact them and see where you can meet. Pro photographers know of many great places to do shoots.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks, vtkendra. I'll check out the Frederick person.I live very close to Frederick, so that might work.

I don't mind at all traveling if it were for maternity photos or later pics, but I am interested in booking for newborn photos so I would rather find someone who will either come to our house, or not too far away. I'm a newbie and not sure what to expect those first 2 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekikdoc:

Thanks, vtkendra. I'll check out the Frederick person.I live very close to Frederick, so that might work.

I don't mind at all traveling if it were for maternity photos or later pics, but I am interested in booking for newborn photos so I would rather find someone who will either come to our house, or not too far away. I'm a newbie and not sure what to expect those first 2 weeks!

Oh, gotcha! I was thinking it was for maternity photos. Yes, with a newborn, you definitely want them to come to your house. Shey does great work with newborns as you will see from her blog.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekikdoc:

My friend did mommy/baby photos with her and they are beautiful.  I think the photographer recently had a baby (a fellow Bumpie), so she should have lots of great ideas for capturing the right moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"