Minnesota Babies
Options

State Fair Suggestions

Any tips for surviving a state fair trip with a 10 month old? We are going several times since we live fairly close and are involved in a few different things. I am planning on bring the stroller, and all his finger food though I am sure he will have a few tastes of some of the healthier things we are eating. I have never been with kid before.
imageimage

Re: State Fair Suggestions

• Options
    DD was about 8 months last year and we didn't have any trouble. She sat in her stroller and just took in all the sights and sounds. The animals were a big hit with her. Just beware...nobody moves out of the way for a stroller, so you'll be bobbing and weaving the whole time.
    Ashley & Christian
  • Options

We took DS when he was 6 weeks old and he did fine, just chilled in his stroller and occasionally we took him out to explore (in the animal buildings).

And I agree with PP about the stroller thing...the only thing is I am mean and if a person saw me coming I didn't move, and made them go around me...I don't roll like that even at the malls I am bigger, and stronger and have more crap so move out of my way or get run over by my stroller...it usually works!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Go early in the day so it's less hot and crowded.  Pack lots of water/drinks.  Bring a blanket and hand sanitizer so you can change diapers in the grass if necessary. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Be sure to figure out where the 107.1 Lactation Station is.  I think it is a lifesaver for mommies with young children!

They have comfy chairs, changing tables, sometimes even diapers and wipes!  There are fans blowing and water coolers as well.  It is a good place to nurse, change a diaper, and or just rock in front of a fan.

Bellastella227
    My prince and princess...
    <a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/bellastella227/?action=view
  • Options
    imagebellastella227:

Be sure to figure out where the 107.1 Lactation Station is.  I think it is a lifesaver for mommies with young children!

They have comfy chairs, changing tables, sometimes even diapers and wipes!  There are fans blowing and water coolers as well.  It is a good place to nurse, change a diaper, and or just rock in front of a fan.

This is a MUST!!!! great place if your LO is having a hard time napping it's nice & calming.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"