Oregon Babies

Blog

So, I started a blog so if m friends and family wanted to stay updated they can. Follow if you wish.

https://chrissyraz.blogspot.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blog

• Congrats...looking forward to reading it! Good Luck with everything! :-D
  • chrissy, you are such a strong woman.  if it wasnt meant for you to give birth, there is a baby out there that is destined to be born for you and will love you and cherish you and learn from you just the same. i am proud of you for staying so strong when it is so hard to do when its something you wanted so much.  i look forward to reading about your guys journey.  i think the blog was a fantabulous idea .

xoxo

angela 

sorry, my phone wont let me use caps or exlamation points lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Chrissy, hugs. Just remember what I told you. I went up to 150mg clomid, nothing. Then got "oops pregnant" a full year later. Don't stress it right now. You are NOT barren. Don't stress about this. Save up some cash, and meet with an RE. Then make a plan and go from there. Call me if you want to cry, I'll listen.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    Chrissy, hugs. Just remember what I told you. I went up to 150mg clomid, nothing. Then got "oops pregnant" a full year later. Don't stress it right now. You are NOT barren. Don't stress about this. Save up some cash, and meet with an RE. Then make a plan and go from there. Call me if you want to cry, I'll listen.

Jen- Thank you so much. You have no idea how often I think of you, seriously several tiems a day. I try so hard not to stressabout it, but th last w I freakin start crying at the drop of a dime. We're going to the beach this wekend and I am going to take your advice and run with it. Thanks again for everyhting! I need your number.. lol.

Ang- You're amazing, I don't know anyone could be stronger tan you right now. Yet, you are always checking in on me and make me feel so supported. Thank you so much!

• So while I appriciate the struggle to concieve (I have stage 3 of 4 endometreosis and my daughter is a Clomid baby), one thing struck me in your blog. You say that $2000.00 for fertility treatments is too much money for you. How much do you think kids are? I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you can't afford anything more then your consult, how do you expect to afford a child? 9 months def. isn't enough time to save for them.

On that note, I'm with the previous girls in saying give it time. It may seem like forever, because with infertility it's charting, watching the calender and making phone calls to the OBGYN which make things seem like eternity, but it def. will all fall into place. And you couldn't have been more right on about adoption. Baby doesn't have to have your DNA to make you there's. It's the love, the home, the support, that baby gets from you and your husband that makes them yours! I wish you well on your journey, I've been there and understand how emotionally taxing it is.

• Chrissy, 

I'm glad you started the blog. It will help for you to get things out. I have a private blog that I write in sometimes just to get stuff off my chest. Even though nobody reads it, it's nice to have for myself. I look forward to reading yours and I can't wait for the day you get your LO. No matter how that may be. You will be an excellent mother, you determination shows it. Let me know if you wanna talk. You know where I am! Smile

-Crystal 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm assuming/hoping you weren't trying to be rude to Chrissy. I can't speak for her financial situation, but I know mine. I didn't spend anywhere close to $2k on baby stuff while I was pregnant, and I also don't spend that much in a single month on baby things either. And for me, when I was TTC, I really struggled with the idea of paying $2k for one month, then $2k the next month, for 6-8 months. That's a lot of damn money, without a guaranteed result. Kudos to you if you have $12k just sitting around in cash ready to blow on fertility treatments, but I would venture to say that MOST people (especially in a down economy...) couldn't afford that. But that definetly doesn't mean you can't afford kids.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    I'm assuming/hoping you weren't trying to be rude to Chrissy. I can't speak for her financial situation, but I know mine. I didn't spend anywhere close to $2k on baby stuff while I was pregnant, and I also don't spend that much in a single month on baby things either. And for me, when I was TTC, I really struggled with the idea of paying $2k for one month, then $2k the next month, for 6-8 months. That's a lot of damn money, without a guaranteed result. Kudos to you if you have $12k just sitting around in cash ready to blow on fertility treatments, but I would venture to say that MOST people (especially in a down economy...) couldn't afford that. But that definetly doesn't mean you can't afford kids.

I agree. I decided to leave it alone, but this is kind of what I wanted to say. Saying "I'm not trying to sound mean" doesn't mean you don't. Because it was. You're not in her situation so you don't have the right to judge. That response really irritated me.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageTogabby:

So while I appriciate the struggle to concieve (I have stage 3 of 4 endometreosis and my daughter is a Clomid baby), one thing struck me in your blog. You say that $2000.00 for fertility treatments is too much money for you. How much do you think kids are? I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you can't afford anything more then your consult, how do you expect to afford a child? 9 months def. isn't enough time to save for them.

On that note, I'm with the previous girls in saying give it time. It may seem like forever, because with infertility it's charting, watching the calender and making phone calls to the OBGYN which make things seem like eternity, but it def. will all fall into place. And you couldn't have been more right on about adoption. Baby doesn't have to have your DNA to make you there's. It's the love, the home, the support, that baby gets from you and your husband that makes them yours! I wish you well on your journey, I've been there and understand how emotionally taxing it is.

WOw, are you for real?  How insensitive! At least the Clomid worked for you!  $2000 IS a lot of money when you have no idea how many times it will have to take place especially when she has tried many times already.  Seriously, what is the point of posting things like this?  If you can't be supportive then keep it to yourself. RUDE!!!!

Chrissy, Yes babies/kids cost a lot but there are always ways for making it work if it is what you want. We make it work on a single income and I have no complaints... well, of course I would love to win the lottery lol.  And by NO means does it cost $2000 a month or what ever to care for your child.... Ok I am going to shut my bitchy pregnant mouth.... sorry.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Chrissy dear....having a baby does not cost anywhere near $2000 a month...if it did we would be living under the Burnside bridge;)  I can not imagine having to come up with that kind of dough.  My heart goes out to you as I know what a challenge this must be.  Stay strong...try not to stress and what is meant to be will be.  I will say a little prayer for you;)
  • imageTogabby:

So while I appriciate the struggle to concieve (I have stage 3 of 4 endometreosis and my daughter is a Clomid baby), one thing struck me in your blog. You say that $2000.00 for fertility treatments is too much money for you. How much do you think kids are? I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you can't afford anything more then your consult, how do you expect to afford a child? 9 months def. isn't enough time to save for them.

I really hope you were just having a bad day when you wrote this.  As someone who struggled with infertility I'd hope you'd be a bit more supportive.  Chrissy...I have read your posts on here before and hope that the end of your fertility journey is close...for at the end is a baby, your baby, no matter how that happens.  I have my daughter thanks to metformin, clomid, iui, and a bunch of other "stuff".  Including delivery we spent around 10k on having her  (that is for EVERYTHING over a 3yr stretch of time)9...obviously worth EVERY single cent but it seemed impossible at the time.  Trust me, kids cause no where near the cost of treatments to get them.   On a side note, there are many creative ways to put the money way if needed, garage sale, ebay, craigs list, ask family for baby $$$ instead of gifts for holidays.  For us what helped was planning a year ahead and knew our next years tax return would go straight to fertility stuff.  Good luck and you guys will find your path your meant to take and never let someone else's negativity derail your hope!!!!

• oh also, I don't know if your dr. told you this or if it would be an option but all fertility clinics have loan plans.  It's not through the clinic but another agency.  A friend of ours did this, and while not thrilled about having to do it at first, with twin boys now they obviously felt it was more then worth it now.  As for your consultation, I don't know who your dr. rec. but the reproductive endo. dr. that I was with at Oregon Fertility (oshu) our consult apt was about an hr and it made me feel SO hopeful.  We laid out a plan and we explained to her our finances and what we could do and what we felt comfortable doing and she made it work.  Feeling guilty is totally normal.  I know I did, and still do as we are thinking of #2.  But your husband loves you, don't forget to talk and remember while it might be your body it's the two of yours struggle and journey.  Again.  Good luck!!!!
  • I'm wishing you luck for your TTC journey! I just started to "follow" you on blogger. I hope you're a mommy soon!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• imageTogabby:

Have to agree with all the other ladies. This is extremely rude and insensitive. Whether or not you meant it to be that way. And again, as all the other girls said, it DOES NOT cost $2K a month to take care of a child. I didn't save any money while I was pregnant and I didn't spend anywhere near $2000 to prepare for her either. Plus, it's not about the money that a family has. It's about the love within the family. That's what is most important. Good luck to you Chrissy! I hope everything works out for you. One way or another, you will be a Mom one day. :)

• Wow! I seriously don't even have words.

Togabby- For your information, that was rude. We definitely have the means of supporting a child and I know that it does not take $2k a month to do so. We literally have kids at our house almost everyday and we take care of them just as if they were our own. I know quite a bit about raising a child for not having one of my own yet. And be happy that Clomid worked for you, but you don't know what it's like for it not to have. That's all I have to say to you, no sense in wasting my time...

GIRLS- Thank you soo much for your support and for going to bat for me! You have no idea how much that mans to me. Seriously! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"