Health & Exercise
Options

Pain near my appendix. Concerned.

Hey everyone. I'm concerned. I started to have this pain near my appendix near my right hip. It's a throb that happens every couple of seconds. It's not very painful but it's very annoying. So I went to the hospital and they told me that the only way to find out if it was appendicitis was through a ct scan but since I was pregnant, I couldn't do it so I left the hospital without answers. The only thing they told me was that it could be a pregnancy symptom. The pain eventually went away but last night it came back. I barely slept and it is still persistent. I haven't had any bleeding or anything abnormal just that annoying pain. Could this be something serious or just a normal pregnancy ache? Has anyone had something similar?

Re: Pain near my appendix. Concerned.

• Options
    Probably a gas bubble
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gas or RLP. If it were appendicitis you'd know! I had mine out and I couldn't even move it hurt so bad. I had it removed about 12 hours after my first symptoms hit. It started out as just a general belly ache and a few hours later the pain concentrated in the lower right quadrant. I had a fever too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To be honest, I am a little disappointed in your hospital if they told you that you are probably fine and you needed a CT scan. There are other ways to rule out appendicitis in pregnant women. When a pregnant woman comes in with any kind of abdominal pain to my ER, we do bloodwork and if there is any indication that an organ might be causing pain (appendix, gallbladder,ovary, liver, etc), ultrasounds can show if there is a reason to be concerned. If the pain continues, especially if you develop fevers, nausea, vomiting or an increase in pain, go back to the ER... preferrably a different one!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My appendix ruptured when my son was 17 days old.  Actually, it was rupturing for four days before I finally went to my doctor, got a CT scan and then was admitted in the hospital. Thankfully I am okay now but I had to have two surgeries and stay in the hospital for 13 days.

When my pain first started I thought I had food poisoning.  I had very bad pain on the right side, cramping/diarrhea.  The pain got so bad that I couldn't get off the couch unassisted.  I actually had no idea it was my appendix, rather I thought it was my uterus shrinking. This was my first child and I had no idea what to expect.

I agree with the previous poster.  Your hospital should have given you an ultrasound to rule out something wrong with an organ. According to my doctor. appendicitis and colitis are very common in pregnant women. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"