Postpartum Depression

how do you deal?

as a way of an intro, i have a(n almost) 7 week old daughter. she has always had trouble with feeding... she cries and fusses and i fear she isn't eating enough.

but this post isn't really about her and her feeding issues. it's about me. i have so much anxiety and depression over this. every day is such a struggle for me... i am still on maternity leave and i know i have to be strong for her and take care of her, but i just feel like a failure. when she doesn't eat, i feel like a failure. when she cries, i feel like a failure. when i try to play with her and i think she's smiling but then she spits up instead and starts crying-- i feel like a failure. i feel like i'm just not doing a good job for her, and i feel like i'm really suffering.

i try to have people visit me, but an hour long visit here or there can only do so much. my husband works all day and goes to school and i don't have any of my own family in the area.

so how do you deal?

Re: how do you deal?

• I feel alone too......

My family and friends mostly live an hour away. Besides therapy and anti anxiety meds(which literally made me human again) try a journal.

I started mine by writing the intro as to how LO was conceived and my pregnancy. Now everyday I write down the things I do GOOD (bath her, kiss her, calm her, etc......) then later I write what I need to work on (but only one thing at a time)

Best advice my therapist gave me is just be kind to yourself...... your not a failure ur a MOM. And if u have time take a bath, meditate and try to exercise. all things that can help. GL. let me know if i can help at all 

• You are not a failure.

I have suffered with depression off and on since high school. I have been on antidepressants since I was 32w and they have seriously made the biggest difference.

It also definitely helps to get out of the house every day. 

(((hugs)))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"