Health & Exercise
Options

Supplements, while pregnant or post pregnancy?

What supplements do you take besides a pre-natal or multi-vitamins?

Post pregnancy, I have had some really good results with supplements.  I feel like I look more toned without a lot of working out, just eating healthy and taking supplements.  I notice it the most in my arms.

Here is what I take everyday:

2 Fish Oil pills

3 Amino Acid pills

1 Multi-vitamin

Extra B-6 and B-12

We are trying to conceive again and I am curious what some of you take while pregnant too.  Obviously, I will ask my OB, but please share.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Supplements, while pregnant or post pregnancy?

• Options

Wow...I love this site...so helpful!  I just called my doc's office and asked this very question.  I too have great luck with supplements and have terrific skin and hair (if I do say so myself)Wink  Anyway I did take this huge list, but doc said to back off the huge amounts of biotin that I take.  So now I take a prenatal, and the following:

extra iron, 1 1000mg Omega 3 DHA Fish oil, extra vit. D every other day (but I have previsouly been deficient), extra calcium (most prenatals do not give the full daily value and it is necessary to to absorb the vit. D and I take extra folic acid (that is a big one and taking extra does not have any negative effect). 

I backed off all of the other stuff that I took extra of too...zinc, CoQ10, additional D (I had been taking it every day).

My doc said that the best prenatal he has seen is the TARGET brand from Target (I know, I couldn't believe it either).

I hope that this helps.

Happy baby growing!

• Options

I take Calcium pills since I'm not allowed to have a lot of dairy - Type 1 on a strict carb diet

Someone told me to eat sweet potato because that helps with fertility. Not sure if it just makes people hopeful or actually works

Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The MWs I see recommend:

1 prenatal vitamin 

2000 mg fish oil (2 pills)

500 mg calcium + vitamin d

600 mg magnesium 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"