Central Florida Babies
Options

Anyone in the Sanford area?

My DH has an interview tomorrow around that area and it looks very promising. We've been wanting to relocate closer to Orlando so we're hoping this works out. (currently in Bradenton)

Anyone live in Sanford and know some good neighborhoods and which ones to stay away from? 

TIA

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

Re: Anyone in the Sanford area?

• Options

I live in Lake Mary and absolutely love it!! Sanford can have some shady areas with higher crime. Look into Lake Mary, Heathrow, or Longwood. Stay away from Volusia county on the other side of Sanford. (Deltona, Deland, etc)

Good Luck!

• Options

We live in Sanford in the Lake Forest community.  It's a great little community- convenient to grocery and shopping.  I would also suggest Heathrow and Lake Mary too.  We really liked Heathrow--this is where we would live if we where going to buy here permanently.

Like PP said, there are shady areas of Sanford.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live relatively near Sanford, in Winter Springs. I love living here :) As PPs have mention, Sanford can have some shady areas, but generally speaking Lake Mary, Longwood, Winter Springs and Heathrow are all good areas. Best of luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options

Thanks ladies. We visited Sanford and have decided to stay away. Found a place in Casselberry/Longwood area that I'm really happy with.

Thanks again.

Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options

Like PP said some areas in Sanford can be shady, but a good realtor would be able to guide you in the right direction. 

I also wouldn't necessarily avoid Volusia County all together. I live in Debary and it's a great community. DeLand is another great town with great community spirit to raise kids in. Like Sanford, it too can have some shady parts but they're fewer than the nice parts.

Depending on your housing budget, you may want to look in Volusia County because you can usually get more for your money and the taxes tend to be lower. I would suggest avoiding Deltona though...not a great place to raise kids IMO.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"