January 2011 Moms
Options

Finding out gender at 17 weeks?

I am so impatient about waiting to find out at 20 weeks if we are having a boy or girl. I have an opportunity to do a gender ultrasound at 17 weeks.  How likely is it that we will be able to find out at that time? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finding out gender at 17 weeks?

• Options

They will probably be able to take a guess, but I wouldn't go shopping yet. I found out at 16 weeks (emergency u/s), but the doctor only gave me a 75%. 

We had our anatomy scan at 19 weeks, and they confirmed everything then.  

• Options
    They say you can tell at 16 weeks but it may not be as clear.  Its accurate at 16 weeks, but I'm waiting to 20 so we have a clearer look if it's a boy or girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had mine at 17w1d...

I was VERY clear that it was a little boy. My DH actually saw the little penis before the ultrasound tech!

• Options

I had my first u/s at 17 weeks, and the u/s tech told us that we're having a boy. The tech was very certain about it, and said that she got a very good look right at the beginning of the u/s. Then the baby moved, so we didn't get to see for ourselves.

We've been planning to do a more gender-neutral nursery, and we'll be buying gender-neutral gear to use later for a second child so we're not too worried about "what-if-its-wrong". My OB did say that I'll get another u/s in third tri, so we'll just get it confirmed then.

• Options
    I don't know about accuracy since I haven't done it yet but as soon as I'm 17 weeks I'll be in that office!  My anatomy scan wont be for another 7 weeks (at least) so I am getting antsy to see the baby again.  Womb With a View or Peek A Baby (3D ultrasound places near me) offer a guarantee that if the baby is in a bad position or they can't determine the gender then you can come back a week or two later for free and they re-do it.  Also if they tell you the gender and they are wrong then you come back after your baby is born with a doctor's note on the office's letterhead stating the gender of your child and they refund your money.  As far as I see it it's a win-win.
  • Options
    I just had an appt last week (@15wks)and was going to wait 4 more weeks to do our big u/s and the dr was like 'why wait that long, everything will be good in 2.' So we're having ours at 17 wks, but I'm sure that since they do them in office that if we can't tell the gender, they'll slip us in real quick another time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had one at 17 wks and LO had it's feet curled up under it's bottom so they couldn't tell...hopefully we'll find out at the 20 week one this week!
  • Options
    I've done this with all 3 of my kids and each one has been right on.  DD#1 was the most difficult because she had the cord and her hand between her crossed legs, but after some juice and walking around we got the shot we needed.  DD#2 was easy, and DS was super obvious.
  • Options

I had a gender determination ultrasound at 16w 2d.  They told us 95% sure girl.  The baby was in a good position to see the three lines so the technician said she was confident.

I just had my official anatomy scan at the hospital.  I didn't tell the tech that we thought it was a girl just to see what she would come up with on her own.

100% sure at 19w this baby is a girl.

If you have the opportunity, go for it.  Just know that human error exists and keep the tags of anything you may purchase just in case.

• Options
    I am going at 16w for a 3D ultrasound, I was told they will be able to tell and have had friends that did the same thing and got a confirmation that early. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We found out at 17 weeks.  My daughter would not open her legs and the tech after about 45 mins got her to move her legs for about 4 seconds.  She said she was pretty sure it was a girl but do not go out and buy all pink because the look was very very short.  I emailed my doctor who I was seeing the next week if she could peak just to make sure it was a girl she did and a week later it was still a girl. 
  • Options
    I found out at 17 w 2 days. It was obvious that it was a boy. I saw it and wondered and then the ultrasound tech said it was in fact a boy. I wouldn't have one any ealier but I would trust a 17 week ultrasound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"