Austin Babies
Options

Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Swimming Picture?

Has anyone seen this picture?  What do you think about a 4 year old girl wearing boys swim trunks and no top?  I'm down for a kid picking out clothes, but I feel like a little girl at that age should be covered up on top... either a bathing suit top or a t-shirt of some sort. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/news/shiloh-wears-boys-swim-trunks-201068

Re: Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Swimming Picture?

• Options

What type of pool was this taken at?  Was it some paparazzi shot?  When I was that age, I would run through my grandmother's sprinkler with only my undies on.  Maybe it was an impromptu thing and they only had shorts with them?

If it were a public place, then yes, she should have a top on...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

:::Richardslove runs to get popcorn and a coke for the Great Friday Bathing Suit debate:::::

Really, I could care less.  They're having a good time, they're with their family (and parents)....who cares.  It's ridiculous that the paparazzi feel this photo is news worthy.  

Our dd runs around the front yard in her baby pool, sometimes naked and sometimes in her suit.  She's having a great time and I'm not going to wrestle with a wet, smiling, having fun, toddler to force her to wear a suit.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHSartteach:

What type of pool was this taken at?  Was it some paparazzi shot?  When I was that age, I would run through my grandmother's sprinkler with only my undies on.  Maybe it was an impromptu thing and they only had shorts with them?

If it were a public place, then yes, she should have a top on...

My immediate thought was it was a public pool... since the pictures look to be taken by paparazzi.  But I could be totally wrong. 

• Options
    imagerichardslove:

:::Richardslove runs to get popcorn and a coke for the Great Friday Bathing Suit debate:::::

Really, I could care less.  They're having a good time, they're with their family (and parents)....who cares.  It's ridiculous that the paparazzi feel this photo is news worthy.  

Our dd runs around the front yard in her baby pool, sometimes naked and sometimes in her suit.  She's having a great time and I'm not going to wrestle with a wet, smiling, having fun, toddler to force her to wear a suit.  

Glad I could start a fun debate to keep Friday exciting.  I've been pretty bored all morning at work.  Smile

• Options
    I see no issue with that whatsoever.  She's FOUR!  There's absolutely nothing inappropriate (imo) about a topless four year old.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagelabbielover07:

Has anyone seen this picture?  What do you think about a 4 year old girl wearing boys swim trunks and no top?  I'm down for a kid picking out clothes, but I feel like a little girl at that age should be covered up on top... either a bathing suit top or a t-shirt of some sort. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/news/shiloh-wears-boys-swim-trunks-201068

She should have been wearing a triangle bikini top and a baby thong!!!! (that was for Richardslove. Smile)

Honestly, I don't have a problem with a 4yr old girl not wearing a top if she's in her own pool.  I probably would have preferred a top if she was in a public place.  But she's 4. It's not a big deal.

• Options

Meh.  Whatever.  I've seen pics of me at that age wearing far less and surrounded by many people.

*ETA:  What I'm most impressed by is the righteous indignation going on in the comments section.  The interwebz.  Wow.

• Options

imageFeistyFille:
    Meh.  Whatever.  I've seen pics of me at that age wearing far less and surrounded by many people.

This reminds me.  My Russian friend has shown me pictures of herself at 9 years old swimming with no top on.  Its just us Americans that are prudes :)

• Options
    I don't think there is any need for a top.  It doesn't bug me - they are all young kids.  If she were older, I'd probably agree.  But not really at 4.
  • Options
    yeah i don't have an issue with it either.  i'd rather see a 4 year old like this than in a string bikini
  • Options

My favorite comment is the person saying that they are training her to be gay. Yup, that's right. Because that's how people are gay. Lots of years of dedicated training.  Sheesh.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsAJL:
    imagelabbielover07:

She should have been wearing a triangle bikini top and a baby thong!!!! (that was for Richardslove. Smile)

Honestly, I don't have a problem with a 4yr old girl not wearing a top if she's in her own pool.  I probably would have preferred a top if she was in a public place.  But she's 4. It's not a big deal.

Thanks!  DD swimsuit (when she's wearing it) tends to become a baby thong since it always goes in her butt.  :) 

• Options

The only thing I worry about with such a high profile family is pedofiles. 

If it were my kid, I think it's perfectly fine.

• Options
    Meh.  I remember seeing naked kids at the Wannsee in Berlin all the time.  I wouldn't mind my daughter swimming in board shorts at that age. 
  • Options
    imagekatattack:

My favorite comment is the person saying that they are training her to be gay. Yup, that's right. Because that's how people are gay. Lots of years of dedicated training.  Sheesh.

*gigglesnort*

That made my day.

• Options
    imageFeistyFille:

*ETA:  What I'm most impressed by is the righteous indignation going on in the comments section.  The interwebz.  Wow.

Oh geez- my favorite "Shiloh will be at risk for suicide later." Dramatic much? Confused

• Options
    I think I saw Angelina on tv recently talking about how Shiloh "wants to be a boy". In that context, makes a lot of sense.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemolliedb:
    yeah i don't have an issue with it either.  i'd rather see a 4 year old like this than in a string bikini

Me too. 

• Options

imageFaon:
    I think I saw Angelina on tv recently talking about how Shiloh "wants to be a boy". In that context, makes a lot of sense.

Coming in late, but I have also read that Angelina says Shiloh wants to be a boy. I think it is awesome that her parents are comfortable letting her explore and do "boy" things or wear "boy" clothes instead of freaking out and forcing her to conform to a particular gender stereotype.

For reasons we don't really understand, some children grow up feeling that they were born the wrong gender. No one "made" them this way - it is just how they are. Perhaps this is a phase Shiloh is going through and she'll get over it and move on to something. Or perhaps she truly feels that she is meant to be a boy. In which case she may continue to dress as a boy. Either way, she seems to have parents who are very comfortable with how she feels. If she is transsexual, she will benefit enormously from parents who love her no matter what and who aren't trying to force her to be something she isn't.

• Options

Eeek! It's "could NOT care less," people! if you could care less, that means you care.

https://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"