3rd Trimester
Options

Questions for a New-ish Mom?

I'm super bored... LO is down for the night and nothing going on around my house tonight.

Any questions for a new Mom of an almost-six-month-old with another on the way?

(And "Are you crazy?" doesn't count...) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions for a New-ish Mom?

• Options
    i was just going to say the same thing happened to me i found out when DD was 6 months that i was pregnant! we will get though it and you baby is so cute aww
  • Options

image~*Sarah*~:
    i was just going to say the same thing happened to me i found out when DD was 6 months that i was pregnant! we will get though it and you baby is so cute aww

Thank you - So is yours - Good luck to you! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too :)  Were on the way to 2U2 :) 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMamatoJackson:

image~*Sarah*~:

Thank you - So is yours - Good luck to you!?

thank you x2 and good luck to you too. it defiantly is more tiring with a little one and being pregnant.

• Options

imageone_more_girl:
    Me too :)  Were on the way to 2U2 :) 

Congrats to you too! 

• Options
    image~*Sarah*~:
    imageMamatoJackson:

image~*Sarah*~:

Thank you - So is yours - Good luck to you! 

thank you x2 and good luck to you too. it defiantly is more tiring with a little one and being pregnant.

Deeeefinitely!  Good practice, though, I guess, since I'm pretty sure we're going to be wiped OUT when #2 arrives. 

• Options
    yup you said it!
  • Options
    I'm gonna say it-- you all are CRAZY :)
  • Options

I've got some :)

1.  How much clothing should you wash before hand.  I don't know if I should be washing NB or 0-3.  I washed 3 each of both sizes of the kimono style shirts and her going home outfit.  Is it really necessary to do laundry ahead of time or will the swaddlers and swaddling blankets suffice for the first few days?

2.  What signs of labor did you have ahead of time?  I just found out my progression on Friday ( 2 cm, 80%) and I'm freaking out that the baby is going to come this weekend or something.

3.  Where did you have your child sleep the first few weeks?  We have a rock n' play sleeper next to my side of the bed.  Our room is a bit small for a pack n' play. I was thinking of setting up the pack n' play in our living room though in case I have a rough labor and will be in pain walking up the steps. (We live in a 2 story townhouse).

• Options

1. I'd wash what you have. Baby will likely be in NB for at least a couple weeks. Wash the sleep gowns and stretchy pjs, and onesies.

2.  It's not likely, you can walk around for a few weeks at 2 cm. The night I went into labor with DS I had super watery discharge (thought my water had broken but it hadn't) and I was starving for the first time in forever!

3.  They slept in the swing or the crib (or in bed with us!). You would be fine walking up and down stairs, even after a tough labor.

• Options
    imageLBIgirl79:

I've got some :)

1.  How much clothing should you wash before hand.  I don't know if I should be washing NB or 0-3.  I washed 3 each of both sizes of the kimono style shirts and her going home outfit.  Is it really necessary to do laundry ahead of time or will the swaddlers and swaddling blankets suffice for the first few days?

2.  What signs of labor did you have ahead of time?  I just found out my progression on Friday ( 2 cm, 80%) and I'm freaking out that the baby is going to come this weekend or something.

3.  Where did you have your child sleep the first few weeks?  We have a rock n' play sleeper next to my side of the bed.  Our room is a bit small for a pack n' play. I was thinking of setting up the pack n' play in our living room though in case I have a rough labor and will be in pain walking up the steps. (We live in a 2 story townhouse).

1) I just washed newborn-sized clothing, all the 0-3, all blankets and anything else that would come into contact with LO - So basically everything except 3-6 Months clothing.  The last thing you will feel like doing for the first couple of weeks is extra laundry so I would do it now.

2) I was a week late, induced for 26 hours and then given a C-Section so never went into labor on my own.

3) We also lived in a 2-story townhouse at the time.  I had a C-Section Tuesday night and was home Friday morning and was perfectly able to (slowly) climb the stairs, so we slept up there.  For the first couple of nights, DS slept in his PNP Bassinet.  After that, we brought him into bed with us until he was about six weeks old, when we finally transferred him to his crib. 

• Options
    imageLeah&Jack:

I was trying to get your attention on first tri with a congrats and an "are you nuts". I'm so excited for you! I sometimes wish my two girls were closer in age. It's almost as if 2 years is TOO far apart.

Hope you're feeling well! 

Thanks so much!  We are very excited - Were very scared at first but now are thrilled.

Thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"