I've had mastitis 3x since June 8th - the longest I've been infection free between occurences is one week, so they're assuming it's the same infection not going away. I called after 3 days of this most recent infection because, even though it's improving, the breast is still reddish (more maroony, maybe - fading, but still there). The nurse hemmed and hawed and finally said that was "unusual" but to give it longer. Now it's sore again and still discolored and I'm annoyed because I don't know if it's still the infection or if I have yeast again (I literally took my last diflucan the day before I got this infection).
Then my husband called the pedi 2-3 days after I started this med because DD is having liquid green stools and wanted to know if it was a side effect of the medication and the nurse tells him that's not a concern because it's digested in my body first and wouldn't affect the baby. Ummm, really? Then why do BFing moms have to give up foods their babies have intolerances to? That made no effing sense. She just said there's a GI thing going around and if it lasts longer than a week to call back.
Now I have to wait until Monday to call my office again and if they change my med and I have to take another full course of something else I'm going to cry. I feel so awful that all these meds are possibly messing with LO's system and making me nauseous and run down and at this point I pretty much assume it'll be back in a week, anyway. I just want to BF my baby, why can't the stupid bacteria leave us alone??