Baby Names

can we use it too?

we aren't pregnant yet but we've been thinking about boy baby names. a bumpie suggested the name Christian which i LOVE but i just found out that my SIL (who is due in December) is naming her baby Christian.

can we use it? or is it off limits?

Re: can we use it too?

• depends how she feels...

if she thinks its it would be a compliment, go for it!

if she thinks it might cause confusion, think twice.

• Ask your sister-in-law. It's common for families to share names, but she may feel you're stepping on her toes, especially since you're not yet pregnant.

Chances are you'll fall in love with something else when the time comes anyway, you know when/if you get pregnant and conceive a boy.

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't.
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I would say off limits.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekiwi443:
    I wouldn't.
    Me either. What about Gabriel?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ames71ames71 member

imagekiwi443:
    I wouldn't.

This. It's not like it's a name you've had your heart set on for awhile. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's true no one owns a name but there are so many to pick from I would find something else. I don't like to use the same name as any close friends or family members....and honestly wouldn't like it if someone did it to me.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    Off limits since she is having the baby first.  I already have people who are not pregnant right now trying to "claim" names so that I cannot use them. Sorry to sound harsh, I am just coming at it from your SIL's side.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unless it is a family name I say it's off limits.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• I wouldn't.
  • I wouldn't, but that is my personal preference.
  • I'd cross it off the list.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • off limits. Can't use it.
  • I wouldn't... it is weird, in my experience, to have cousins with the same name. Maybe if you live in completely different area and are never likey to see each other... but I doubt that is the case...

So less giving a RA what she thinks, and more that it will be weird for the children...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • I would skip it. Who knows, by the time you are pregnant, you might have a girl or have changed your mind completely.

My personal rule is that grandparents should never have two of the same-named grandchild. Does that make sense?

• come up with a new name if you have a son.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • thanks for the opinions.

it's off the list. it would be too confusing!

• How would you feel if the tides were turned?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eh, I know no one "owns" a name, but I think not using it is really the decent thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"