Detroit Babies

TEACHERS: need your help!

Hey Ladies...

There's a good chance I'll be interviewing for a Kindergarten teaching position next week.  I'm still searching for that first teaching job, and for the last year, I've actually been working in a field that has nothing to do with teaching...so needless to say, I'm really rusty!  On top of that, I've never taught a general education class that's such a young grade (I always did upper elementary).

So if you could please give me anything you think would be helpful (advice, questions, comments, etc)....regarding anything Kindergarten related!  Curriculum, behavior-wise, literally anything.  I feel so out of the loop! 

I greatly appreciate your help!  Thank you!!

Re: TEACHERS: need your help!

• What district?

There is always a ton of stuff going on, but if you are able to research the happenings within the district itself, that'll definitly help! Every school implements their own versions of ideas!

And GOOD LUCK on the interview!!

• I teach High School Physics, so I can't help you, but I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!

Big Smile 

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Differentiated instruction is huge!  Teaching to the student's different levels is basically differentiated instruction.  I would include something about keeping parents informed what is going on in the classroom in regard to curriculum.  That it is important to have a positive relationship with the parents to make  and child successful in school.

They may want you to give an impromptu lesson plan on a kindergarten lesson-so think of one.  Whether it be on the calendar, some basic math lesson, some basic science concept, something phonic awareness lesson, or letter of the alphabet.  Just have something (a lesson) just in case.  It's good to be prepared. 

They may ask how you plan to use discipline and make sure everything is positive. 

Center based is big in kindergarten.

• I forgot to include-Good luck!!  I am sure you will do great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"