Kentucky Babies
Options

Hi, y'all!

I've been debating for a while whether or not to post over here (I usually hang out on The Nest in What's Cooking? and Sex & Romance), so I thought I would take the plunge today.

My DH and I are both long-time Kentuckians, him from Nicholas County and me from Maysville.  We spent several years out of state for college, and lived in Virginia for my work for almost two years (well, I lived there for almost two years; he lived there for about a year).  Then, just after we got married last year, I got transferred to Bowling Green, and we've been down here since September.

We've been together more than seven years, married for just over one, bought our first house out in the country, and adopted two hilariously awesome cats.   Last year, after his best friend's wife gave birth to an adorable baby girl on Christmas, we decided it was time for us to set a time to start trying for a baby of our own.  So here I am!  

I actually just did the whole POS shebang this morning, but the "Holy crap, you're having a baby!" line was so faint that I'm not sure it's not a false positive.  I'm going to wait a few days, pee on my second stick, and go from there. 

When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
My Cooking Blog
My Baby Blog

Re: Hi, y'all!

• Options

The very best of luck to you! And, unless you're taking HCG hormone, there should be no reason for there to be a line on the stick unless you're pregnant. The faintness may just mean that you're very early in your pregnancy, or it could be that you waited more than the test time allowed and it showed up. (I had that happen to me a few yrs back, though it was the next day when I went to empty the bathroom trash that I saw the line had appeared.)

Welcome to the board! Let us know what your next test says!

• Options

My line was faint on the first test I took. I kind of thought it was because I had the test leftover from a previous time when I needed to take one -- and that it might be an "old" or outdated test.

So, I took another one (that I went and bought that afternoon...) stronger line, even in the middle of the day!

I had to take a third one the next morning before I was finally convinced that I was actually pregnant. :)

Please let us know what you find out!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I took a second test on Sunday morning.  While the second line was still fainter than the first, it was darker than on the first test.  And I haven't started my period yet -- definitely way late at this point. 

When I called the doc's office, they went ahead and scheduled me in for a first appointment; two positive HPTs were enough for them.  So I have that in early September (I was hoping for one sooner, but they apparently wait until 9 or 10 weeks).  I'm definitely thirsty all the time, and I get hungry about every two hours, so I've started shaping up my diet some more and have some healthy snacks at the office for the long hours between breakfast, lunch and quitting time.  :D 

When it's all said and done, what matters most is your relationships with other people; without good friends and family, what's the point?
    My Cooking Blog
    My Baby Blog
  • Options
    Welcome and have a happy & healthy 9 months!
  • Options

Welcome and congratulations!!!  :)  Keep us posted on your appointment, and I would definitely recommend that you start taking some OTC prenatal vitamins in the meantime (if you're not already) -- they can't hurt anything.

Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married 5/24/2003 TTC since 5/2007 IUI #1 10/2008 -- :) M/C 12/08 -- :( IUI #2 3/2009 -- :( IUI #3 6/2009 -- :( IUI #4 7/2009 -- :( IUI #5 9/2009 -- :( IVF 5/2010 -- TWINS!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"