Success after IF

We're going to try again....but WWYD??

So we are almost ready to try for another baby (we're thinking Octoberish). But we moved to another state and are about 2 hours away from our original RE. We have embryos stored there.

Here are our options....

1- Suck it up and make the drives to our original RE. We did 2 IVFs there and are comfortable with the RE. FET success live birth rate success is 25%.Wouldn't be sure what to do with LO though. I would hate to take him along on a total 4 hour trip for a 15 min BW appt. And I would hate to take him with me in the waiting room.

2. There is a new clinic about 10 minutes from where we currently live. We can transfer our embryos there and do the FET there. Problem is we aren't too sure about the office. They seem very clueless when ever I've called or went there for info (could just be the front desk though?). They are too new for SART, but they say their FET success rates are 47%. (wow, and IVF is 58%, but could that be an error, she really did seem clueless and put me on a 6 minute hold to give me that info).

3. We MIGHT be able to do monitoring and BW at a local site and our FET and initial visit with our old RE. That would be so convenient, BUT the #2 location will not agree to this soooo, I would need to find somewhere that would.

Or even #4. screw them both and travel to a clinic in NYC, which would also take me 2 hours.

DH and I aren't sure what we are going to do....We are thinking of making an appt with the local RE in Sept and see what kind of vibe we get from him before we make a decision, but ughhh, I'm so confused.

Thanks!

Re: We're going to try again....but WWYD??

• Honestly, with a little one at home I'd just go to the closest one possible.

I agree, though, make an appt with the local RE and see how you feel. If you are really unsure of them, make the trek to where you are comfortable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you spoken with the actual RE? Maybe the receptionist is clueless, but the RE is good...I wouldn't want to drive that far with a LO, either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Meet with the local RE and see how you feel then.  My last clinic, the front desk staff was eh, but the RE was top notch.  I decided I could deal with less than stellar cust. service for a great doctor.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would definitely do a consult with the close RE and see what he/she has to say and see how you guys feel about them.  I probably would really push to have it done at the close clinic or at least be able to do the monitoring at the close clinic and then the transfer at the original clinic.

GL! 

Nothing to see here....
  • Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"