Washington Babies
Options

1st BDay Help

When did you start getting things ready for your LO 1st Birthday?  It's been something that has been on my mind since R was 6 months old. I knew I wanted to do a pirate theme for him and I just so happen to find pirate cupcake holders when he was only 6 months. With that being said, the only other thing I have done is designed the invitation.

https://tinyurl.com/2cetxf2

What do you guys think?  I still have a HUGE list of things I want to do for the party and pretty much a little over a month to do them.  When should I send invites out?  I was thinking of making a calendar for myself with tasks to get done on certain days so I don't lose focus and wait til the night before to do everything. Any suggestions on that as well?

I know he won't remember his 1st birthday, but I want him to look back and say, "Wow, my Mom threw me the best 1st birthday ever!"

Also, can someone give me a little help with the big cupcake recipe again? I know it has been posted on her SO many times, I just want to do a few test runs before the big day. TIA!

Re: 1st BDay Help

• Options

I used just a box cake for my cupcake (only took one box for the big cupcake) and you are welcome to borrow my pan - i think you live in Mill Creek too.  Brianne has is it now but I think she's done using it (she lives in Mill Creek too).  If you two can connect, borrow the pan so I feel better about getting it used!  Send out the invites now.  Make yourself a list - it helps immensely and don't forget to ask for friends/family help.  Use it when they volunteer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I plan on sending invites out 3 weeks prior to R's party.

I saw pirate party goods/ plates etc.. at the Dollar store in Lake Stevens.  I thought of you.  You may want to go check them out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's never to early to start planning. :) Now that Ella is 6 months old i feel like it's okay for me to start planning hers... hehe! i've seen super cute pirate cupcakes in the book, "Hello Cupcake"... not sure what you're planning on feeding the guests, but they are adorable! Have fun planning! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The cupcake links are in the googlesite group page - link in siggy. I sent DD's invites a month ahead of time. I think that's pretty typical. Cute idea!
  • Options

I have the pan, thanks Michelle! My sister bought it for me for my birthday.

Thanks Lauri, I will go look! By any chance do you have any extra cookies that you don't need anymore? I know you told me to ask you again as Ryder's birthday got closer. All the cookies ou gave me before are FINALLY gone =]

Thanks for all the help everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"